Page 936 of 1013 FirstFirst ... 436836886926934935936937938946986 ... LastLast
Results 9,351 to 9,360 of 10122

Thread: Bill to keep Sioux nickname

Default Re: Bill to keep Sioux nickname

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Why the empty seats if hockey is the greatest game ever to be played?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Why the empty seats if hockey is the greatest game ever to be played?
    They're watching online.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

What about the Frisco Roughriders. If you can't go to Frisco, join them.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    What about the Frisco Roughriders. If you can't go to Frisco, join them.
    I was just gonna say, the Soccer team that plays at Frisco Stadium are the Roughriders. Can't make this shit up.

Whioux am inviting for btw?

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I was just gonna say, the Soccer team that plays at Frisco Stadium are the Roughriders. Can't make this shit up.

Whioux am inviting for btw?

Sent from my iPhone.
    Thats actually FC Dallas...

The Roughriders are the AA baseball team.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Thats actually FC Dallas...

The Roughriders are the AA baseball team.

http://www.milb.com/tickets/singlegame.jsp?sid=t540

Yep, I got my email from them today too. It the baseball team that plays in Frisco.
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Here is my question about wearing the logo and yelling go Sioux.
    Why is this not going to be stopped because we are not telling people what to do, but you can bet if someone wore a confederate flag or some other symbol
    Against another group it would not be tolerated?

View "Fact or fiction: debunking common myths behind UND’s ongoing nickname ordeal" artcile at http://www3.forumnewspaper.com/olive...F06&id=Ar03500
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Here is my question about wearing the logo and yelling go Sioux.
    Why is this not going to be stopped because we are not telling people what to do, but you can bet if someone wore a confederate flag or some other symbol
    Against another group it would not be tolerated?

View "Fact or fiction: debunking common myths behind UND’s ongoing nickname ordeal" artcile at http://www3.forumnewspaper.com/olive...F06&id=Ar03500
    First of all, Herald reporters continue to either ignore or are ignorant regarding the OFFICIAL POSITION of Standing Rock. There is a Tribal Resolution on record DEMANDING that UND stop using the nickname and logo. This predates the NCAA policy by more than half a decade. Kendall Baker was the UND president at the time. It has never been rescinded by the Council and they are fully aware that it exists.

I think you will be surprised at how quickly the old gear will fade and the name Sioux will be used less once a NEW nickname and logo is in place. Hockey games will be the exception. Those people are idiots.

As for stopping people from wearing the old, it won't happen. For the record, no way would you be asked to remove a shirt with a Confederate flag either. Something really offensive is a different subject completely.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    First of all, Herald reporters continue to either ignore or are ignorant regarding the OFFICIAL POSITION of Standing Rock. There is a Tribal Resolution on record DEMANDING that UND stop using the nickname and logo. This predates the NCAA policy by more than half a decade. Kendall Baker was the UND president at the time. It has never been rescinded by the Council and they are fully aware that it exists.

I think you will be surprised at how quickly the old gear will fade and the name Sioux will be used less once a NEW nickname and logo is in place. Hockey games will be the exception. Those people are idiots.

As for stopping people from wearing the old, it won't happen. For the record, no way would you be asked to remove a shirt with a Confederate flag either. Something really offensive is a different subject completely.
    This is true. In fact the whole Native American Council on the national level weighed in. In the negitive.
    We must also remember, our idea of offensive is truely different than theirs up north
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans