Page 1011 of 1013 FirstFirst ... 11511911961100110091010101110121013 LastLast
Results 10,101 to 10,110 of 10122

Thread: Bill to keep Sioux nickname

Default Re: Bill to keep Sioux nickname

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Who said I was shocked??? I just called it bullshit. Some time ago they were trying to pull this shit with the bison mascot and it went no where.

Oh check out the shit going on with the state flag.
    I do not get the flag outrage. The old flag wasn’t a flag. It was a seal on a piece of cloth. The new flag is clearly superior, even without a laser eyed loon.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I do not get the flag outrage. The old flag wasn’t a flag. It was a seal on a piece of cloth. The new flag is clearly superior, even without a laser eyed loon.
    Of course you dont get the outrage. You never do through your lens. And no its not superior. It sucks and isnt reflective of MN as a whole.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Of course you dont get the outrage. You never do through your lens. And no its not superior. It sucks and isnt reflective of MN as a whole.
    Yes, people in red track suits sweeping the sidewalk are rightfully upset.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Yes, people in red track suits sweeping the sidewalk are rightfully upset.
    Another one of your posts that makes no sense.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Another one of your posts that makes no sense.
    Why? Is that person in the middle of the old flag not wearing a red track suit and sweeping a sidewalk?

Why? Is that person in the middle of the old flag not wearing a red track suit and sweeping a sidewalk?
    Is he sweeping the sidewalk of excrement left by the "campers" on Hennepin Avenue??

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    Animals are OFF-LIMITS from changing mascots. They have no say in the matter. My God. We will be left with mascots like "Jazz", "Trojans" and "Tornados" and "Cowboys". "Wild." "Huskers." And whatever BYU's mascot is. Stanford's mascot is the "Tree." And even that may be tied to Native Americans.
    Some teams need to change mascots when they move. WTF does Jazz have to do with Utah and how many lakes are in Los Angeles?
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Some teams need to change mascots when they move. WTF does Jazz have to do with Utah and how many lakes are in Los Angeles?
    i was in LA for work last year and i saw a puddle of piss that was at least the size of lake lida bro. it was even near staples so it kinda made sense.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    Animals are OFF-LIMITS from changing mascots. They have no say in the matter. My God. We will be left with mascots like "Jazz", "Trojans" and "Tornados" and "Cowboys". "Wild." "Huskers." And whatever BYU's mascot is. Stanford's mascot is the "Tree." And even that may be tied to Native Americans.
    strap in bro for another episode of TRUE STORY TIME

when BYU was founded in 1799 the original intent was to name the team The Child Brides but it was vetoed by then president aaron burr. Burr threatened to invade Utah with the continental militias.

you see back then when people got mad about something they marched a really long way and shot each other with lead balls.

just think about that for a minute. you're just sitting on the east coast and you're like "wait, mormons are saying WHAT?" and then the guy is like "yeah bro mormons talking mad shit."

and you just start walking with a bunch of your other bros.

six months later? bloodshed. u might not even remember why u was mad.

but there's dead mormons. all over that mountain.

that's when we were a real country. before the republicans destroyed our democracy.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    strap in bro for another episode of TRUE STORY TIME

when BYU was founded in 1799 the original intent was to name the team The Child Brides but it was vetoed by then president aaron burr. Burr threatened to invade Utah with the continental militias.

you see back then when people got mad about something they marched a really long way and shot each other with lead balls.

just think about that for a minute. you're just sitting on the east coast and you're like "wait, mormons are saying WHAT?" and then the guy is like "yeah bro mormons talking mad shit."

and you just start walking with a bunch of your other bros.

six months later? bloodshed. u might not even remember why u was mad.

but there's dead mormons. all over that mountain.

that's when we were a real country. before the republicans destroyed our democracy.
    Just watch "Sister Wives" and it will all make sense to you.