Page 668 of 1013 FirstFirst ... 168568618658666667668669670678718768 ... LastLast
Results 6,671 to 6,680 of 10122

Thread: Bill to keep Sioux nickname

Default Re: Bill to keep Sioux nickname

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    What is so great about having more then 10 posts to a page. Geez, are you guys so incompetent that you can't click to find the next page??? I see nothing wrong with 10 posts and yes we have fiber optic, so down load speed isn't an issue.
    It's annoying having to click next every 10 posts? Especially on these threads that go 100+ posts a day. It's easier to read much more of the forum this way.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    The real question is; will this thread reach 1,000 pages? I think that the lead up to the vote will get it close to 700. The immediate reaction to the vote should get it to 750 at least. If and when the Big Sky weighs in that should push it to 800. Any other legal fiasco that results will push it even higher. If the voters vote NO and keep the nickname, the thread will reach 1,000 with out a doubt. The fallout from that would be epic and would need the full commentary from this board.
    This topic grew by 3 pages since I read it yesterday.

Early poll signs point to retirement of the name.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/360882/

Interesting how the article points out how a large majority of respondents in favor of retiring the name in Cass county had the reason of the continued use of the name hurting UND athletics. So much for the Bison fans screwing over UND theory. It also looks like if the 18-30 voters come out strong the name will stay since 65% support keeping it.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Early poll signs point to retirement of the name.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/360882/

Interesting how the article points out how a large majority of respondents in favor of retiring the name in Cass county had the reason of the continued use of the name hurting UND athletics. So much for the Bison fans screwing over UND theory. It also looks like if the 18-30 voters come out strong the name will stay since 65% support keeping it.
    Don't worry, it'll still be NDSU's fault that the nickname has to be retired.

1. Statewide vote to keep/retire nickname.
    2. ????
    3. Blame NDSU.
    4. Profit.

I'd be worried about this one if I was UND. 55/44 is a bit close IMHO and while their sample size is statistically sufficient, I wonder about polls like this because of the way they contacted people--via phone. How many of you would respond to a phone survey on your cell phone? How many still have a land line? Just wondering if I'm the only one out there who doesn't participate in this kind of thing, especially on my cell phone.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Looks like us nickname supporters (I mean patriots) have some serious work to do. I'll make sure to spread the word to my wife's family this weekend in Fargo when I have surgery and watch my MIL run the half marathon.

Fighting Sioux Forever!
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    This should start page 669.
    Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    What is so great about having more then 10 posts to a page. Geez, are you guys so incompetent that you can't click to find the next page??? I see nothing wrong with 10 posts and yes we have fiber optic, so down load speed isn't an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    It's annoying having to click next every 10 posts? Especially on these threads that go 100+ posts a day. It's easier to read much more of the forum this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by EricB View Post
    This topic grew by 3 pages since I read it yesterday.
    At least this thread has grown by 60 .....errrr..........I mean 6............ errrrr.............. I mean 600 pages based soley on the fact we are posting about the number of pages in the post.

This is what keeps the Department of Redundancy Department in business and wasting tax dollars! Tax dollars that could be used to defend school nicknames, mind you!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    At least this thread has grown by 60 .....errrr..........I mean 6............ errrrr.............. I mean 600 pages based soley on the fact we are posting about the number of pages in the post.

This is what keeps the Department of Redundancy Department in business and wasting tax dollars! Tax dollars that could be used to defend school nicknames, mind you!!!~
    Time to add another page.

I think that this can go to 800-1000 pages.

I have a sneaking suspicion that if the measure passes there will be an outcry from the nickname supporters that the language on the ballot was confusing.
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."