Page 704 of 1013 FirstFirst ... 204604654694702703704705706714754804 ... LastLast
Results 7,031 to 7,040 of 10122

Thread: Bill to keep Sioux nickname

Default Re: Bill to keep Sioux nickname

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    You know he's a douche when the UND alum and fans he is "supporting" can't even stand the guy...
    The problem is that Portly Rob is trying to invent stuff that's not even there - He is trying to say that UND Administration is lying about the nickname issue and trying to over exaggerate the sanctions and that really being on NCAA sanctions is manageable and really not a problem what-so-ever. Port has talked to no one in the BSC or the Summit League and he is trying to connect dots that aren't there. Port knows that if he gets the NDSU and UND crowds stirred up and at each other's throats that will bring them into the fray on the nickname issue he will get blog hits that makes him more money.

What's even more funny is there are hundreds and thousands of people that believe his half truths and bizarre spin on the issue. I've heard that for the most part the GOP establishment in ND thinks Port is a joke even Al Carlson really doesn't want much to do with him.

Quote Originally Posted by EricB View Post
    The problem is that Portly Rob is trying to invent stuff that's not even there - He is trying to say that UND Administration is lying about the nickname issue and trying to over exaggerate the sanctions and that really being on NCAA sanctions is manageable and really not a problem what-so-ever. Port has talked to no one in the BSC or the Summit League and he is trying to connect dots that aren't there. Port knows that if he gets the NDSU and UND crowds stirred up and at each other's throats that will bring them into the fray on the nickname issue he will get blog hits that makes him more money.

What's even more funny is there are hundreds and thousands of people that believe his half truths and bizarre spin on the issue. I've heard that for the most part the GOP establishment in ND thinks Port is a joke even Al Carlson really doesn't want much to do with him.
    Exactly. It's no secret that what he does is drive for hits, and I can't *really* blame him for it. Like you said, it's worse that people buy his crap as the "truth"...even tho he admits he is a "contrarian".
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Visited with the neighbors daughter who is in her final year at und. She said she voting No and so are her friends, they want to keep the nickname. She also said the athletes she knows are also voting No. I was suprised -- I thought the student body would be on the same page as the administration.

Quote Originally Posted by 87Bisonfan View Post
    Visited with the neighbors daughter who is in her final year at und. She said she voting No and so are her friends, they want to keep the nickname. She also said the athletes she knows are also voting No. I was suprised -- I thought the student body would be on the same page as the administration.
    you should probably read them the measure language and help them interpret the big words... That would be the polite thing to do since they haven't gotten to that level in their coursework quite yet.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Only one problem with that:
    When have you known any college student on break to get out of bed early enough to make it to the polls on time?

I was at a function by minot, talked to some people, the general consensus by und fans & people in general think that there is a big lawsuit vs the NCAA out there right now and by voting NO, it would help that lawsuit vs the NCAA.

are they talking about the spirit lake people? or something else? either way, its amazing the lack of knowledge out there.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/238454/

“You have those who support the nickname and really have no malicious feelings toward Native Americans. I think that’s probably the majority. But then you have the extremists who love the logo and will fight to the death for the logo. Those are the racists. The more obsessed a person is with keeping the name and logo, the more racist they are toward Indian people. All these people sticking up for us Indians now — where were they 30 years ago, 20 years ago? The only reason they’re ‘helping us’ now is they see it as a way to keep the logo."
    "We did the impossible and that makes us mighty." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldCityBison View Post
    Nickname supporters reject such assertions, saying they are the people standing now with the Sioux, hearing their concerns and championing their cause.

Longie scoffs at such claims. “All these people sticking up for us Indians now — where were they 30 years ago, 20 years ago?” he asked. “The only reason they’re ‘helping us’ now is they see it as a way to keep the logo.

“The last Legislature shot down every bill that would have had a positive impact on Indian nations. The only Indian-related bill they passed was the one on the nickname.”
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Haha awesome. Long live the sioux!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Fighting Sioux Forever!
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.