Page 658 of 1013 FirstFirst ... 158558608648656657658659660668708758 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,580 of 10122

Thread: Bill to keep Sioux nickname

Default Re: Bill to keep Sioux nickname

This decision is exactly what I was hoping would happen!

Now, it's time for the voters of ND to check "NO' and twist the knife in the back of UND athletics.

In the words of Ice Cube, "Today Was a Good Day."
    Last edited by aces1180; 05-02-2012 at 03:05 AM.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Notorious is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Where's our hero Al Carlson been lately? We need his leadership during this trying time.

Sent from my iPhone.

"Bisonville Poster of the Year - 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012"

"Hustler Man of the Year - 2011 & 2012"

"1977 Pinewood Derby Champion - Southwestern North Dakota"

"Chub's Pub & 4-10 Club Hall of Fame - 2012

"Voted Biggest DICK on Bisonville"

Where was all this rational action from the und alumni association and the foundation years ago when most of this mess could have been avoided? At best they were neutral on the topic even in the face of the same rampant stupidity they are trying to combat now...
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    Where's our hero Al Carlson been lately? We need his leadership during this trying time.
    He's probably working on the UND nickname Constitutional amendment effort - wonder if that works like an initiated amendment (i.e. can't repeal it for seven years.)

We should all remember that und fought the Constitutional name change back in 1958 and again in 1960 when we wanted to change the name from the NDAC to NDSU. They actually succeeded in 1958 in getting a no vote. I feel like giving them a no vote back, what the heck.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    We should all remember that und fought the Constitutional name change back in 1958 and again in 1960 when we wanted to change the name from the NDAC to NDSU. They actually succeeded in 1958 in getting a no vote. I feel like giving them a no vote back, what the heck.
    I'm surprised at how few people remember this.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

zooropa is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Where was all this rational action from the und alumni association and the foundation years ago when most of this mess could have been avoided? At best they were neutral on the topic even in the face of the same rampant stupidity they are trying to combat now...
    That's because, deep down, they want to keep the name. Their halfhearted efforts to drop the nickname seem most understandable in this light....

Retiring the nickname, for these people, is like eating green beans to avoid being grounded.

coldspot is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If I didn't know any better, I would think DaveK was a Bison fan pulling off the most epic trolling of UND fans ever.

*I've seen the douchebag in person before so I can vouch that he truly is a nickname loving dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by coldspot View Post
    If I didn't know any better, I would think DaveK was a Bison fan pulling off the most epic trolling of UND fans ever.

*I've seen the douchebag in person before so I can vouch that he truly is a nickname loving dumbass.
    I used to work with the guy, apparently, from what I've been told. He once told me that und football was more beloved in the state than NDSU football... *burp*
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

A muted reaction on ss.com. Of course fetch and Davek aren't ready to give up. They still see sanctions as minor inconveniences.

That Chewey character is apparently an Attorney. He has to be glad that his identity is not known. His epic FAIL on virtually every legal question brands him as a Lawyer you wouldn't hire to defend you against a Traffic ticket. Not a peep from him yet. He might just disappear like Star2city.

It would seem that this ruling ENDS the issue as far as the NCAA is concerned. Their policy seems untouchable because only UND would appear to have standing and they already filed and settled their lawsuit (although that was in State Court and I don't know if a Federal suit is an option).