Page 1009 of 1013 FirstFirst ... 950990995999910071008100910101011 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,090 of 10122

Thread: Bill to keep Sioux nickname

Default Re: Bill to keep Sioux nickname

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I'm pretty sure that I've got some ancestors that would not be tickled by Confederate flags and statues.

But in my lifetime, people, even in ND, think Lost Cause propaganda is awesome.
    In my lifetime, people were offended by people with different skin tones showing affection to each other.
    In my lifetime, people were offended by people of the same gender being in love. People literally got away with murder by using the "gay panic" defense.
    In my lifetime, people were so scared of certain religions and genders, that they wouldn't allow them on their golf courses.
    In my lifetime, people were outraged by The Simpsons, the song "Hot for Teacher", the Beastie Boys, The Life of Brian, metal music, D&D, video games...I could go on but by the time I finish the list, their direct philosophical descendants will have come up with 12 more things to be offended by.
    In my lifetime, people started the Great 1980's Satanic Panic.
    etc.

So, no, Kevin, this is not the first pussy generation. I mean, nobody is going to collapse from the vapors if somebody says "leg" instead of "limb" nowadays like they did in Victorian times - or put somebody in jail for wearing a beard (see Joseph Palmer.)
    that's not the same thing bro ur reaching get urself one of those grabber things that fat people use to pick up dropped office supplies
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

I speculated this day would come and they laughed. Not so funny now.

https://www.startribune.com/rocheste...bes/600343593/

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post

The joke now simply write themselves. It's sad.

Perhaps pick a mascot that will not offend anyone moving forward..."The Dakota Middle School Trannies"

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    The joke now simply write themselves. It's sad.

Perhaps pick a mascot that will not offend anyone moving forward..."The Dakota Middle School Trannies"

No, it'll be the NDSU Yellow '90s and the UND Green 1883s ... colors and numbers.

No, it'll be the NDSU Yellow '90s and the UND Green 1883s ... colors and numbers.
    As long as it's not something lame and nonsensical like the "Fighting Hawks."

Then again, those aspects suit UND very well.

Why do the Hawks have to be fighting? Can't they all just get along?

What a bunch of bullshit.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    What a bunch of bullshit.
    they're coming for us next bro lakes has been warning about this but no one will listen to him (thanks tony)

when the whoiux lost their name they put all their neo-nazi booster money into this process to shift the overton window further left so that we'd have to become the thundering hawks as well.

they want our tradition as dead as theirs.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    they're coming for us next bro lakes has been warning about this but no one will listen to him (thanks tony)

when the whoiux lost their name they put all their neo-nazi booster money into this process to shift the overton window further left so that we'd have to become the thundering hawks as well.

they want our tradition as dead as theirs.
    This is OFFICIALLY INSANE. Taking this to the logical extreme, no animal will be acceptable. What will be left?

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    This is OFFICIALLY INSANE. Taking this to the logical extreme, no animal will be acceptable. What will be left?
    Sleestaks.

The NDSU Sleestaks!