Page 819 of 1013 FirstFirst ... 319719769809817818819820821829869919 ... LastLast
Results 8,181 to 8,190 of 10122

Thread: Bill to keep Sioux nickname

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bill to keep Sioux nickname

Quote Originally Posted by Civil06 View Post
    North Stars will always be associated with MN, but it would also be my top choice if I were a UND fan. I think that one could be pretty awesome.
    "North Dakota North Stars" is not exactly awesome. It's weak, especially when it's the official motto and on the flag of your neighboring state, whose flagship university also just happens to be your biggest rival in the only sport you're good at.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    I'm very sure they were preemptively publishing this, as they would have been forced to produce them either way due to Open Records laws.
    You have to be wrong on this---the Herald article posted on BV the other day said that since the list was being compiled by outside consultants they were not subject to open records requests.

By the way I really like "Badlanders"---perfect for their aviation school.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    You have to be wrong on this---the Herald article posted on BV the other day said that since the list was being compiled by outside consultants they were not subject to open records requests.
    Legally, perhaps not, but the fact that there would have been very well published attempts to obtain the lists means if they would have not produced them they would have cast an even worse shadow on the process.

How much are said consultants being paid for their "work"? And is this their best effort? If so, wow.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    And is this their best effort? If so, wow.
    One could say that the consultants went toe to toe with the list? Moral victory perhaps?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    Can we start a petition for a student - written show featuring music by the Who?
    I say that we get a Kickstarter Fund to create "card display" in the student sections. When they hold up their individual cards, the old logo and the words "Let it Go!" appear. It would be freakin' awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Names that won't be considered.....

http://und.edu/nickname/non-consideration-list.pdf
    I started reading this at work and lost it........snickering and laughing uncontrollably. Many office neighbors had to stop in to see what this was all about. Now they are back to their desks looking at the list on their computers and I can hear random names being read out loud all over the place. So funny........can't make this shit up!

Extra Mustard on SI.com even picked up this story. http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015...nce-hot-clicks

Haven't we all said the point of the athletic program is to publasize the school? Well UND is certainly getting attention..
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Meanwhile, back at the Bunker:

I like Aviators. We could use a picture of the Red Barron on our hockey jerseys!!!

Well not exactly the SS.

I would to see Kelley to form a task force that will form a committee as to give an explanation why some publicly "popular" names were omitted, see post above, yet some ridiculously stupid ones remain an option.

Good idea---the above two have a sense of humor---the one below was serious.

Please share what you think is wrong with the process - I'm seeing that everyone gets a say - and you can't screen for idiots. it's getting nationwide publicity (which might help fuel forcing other schools to change) - and no matter what you personally think this type of national publicity is good for UND.

At last, but not least, the Herald notes that "No Nickname" is not an option, but "North Dakota" is still in contention.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news...me-suggestions
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    Meanwhile, back at the Bunker:

I like Aviators. We could use a picture of the Red Barron on our hockey jerseys!!!

Well not exactly the SS.

I would to see Kelley to form a task force that will form a committee as to give an explanation why some publicly "popular" names were omitted, see post above, yet some ridiculously stupid ones remain an option.

Please share what you think is wrong with the process - I'm seeing that everyone gets a say - and you can't screen for idiots. it's getting nationwide publicity (which might help fuel forcing other schools to change) - and no matter what you personally think this type of national publicity is good for UND
    I beg to differ. Even some of the un_ fans that I know are rolling their eyes at some of the names on the finalist list and rolling them even more for some of those that got cut. But, perhaps it is true: there is no such thing as bad publicity.