Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: SHAC Fundraising

Default Re: SHAC Fundraising

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Honestly Ive never gone to a softball game before. I didn't realize womens softball gets so little respect by EVERY team. Not having bleachers explains the 40 or so people that attend games!
    Well there are bleachers, but not that much space. Ellig has everything you absolutely need(dugouts, press box, concessions, etc.), but it's all pretty basic. The team deserves something much nicer and permanent for all they've put into the program. If done right, a nice support building could be shared between track, soccer and softball. Nothing huge or elaborate, but some storage space and better amenities for fans(restrooms, concessions, etc.).

Probably the best current picture is from the facilities page at GoBison: (the visiting team sits under the press box)

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Well there are bleachers, but not that much space. Ellig has everything you absolutely need(dugouts, press box, concessions, etc.), but it's all pretty basic. The team deserves something much nicer and permanent for all they've put into the program. If done right, a nice support building could be shared between track, soccer and softball. Nothing huge or elaborate, but some storage space and better amenities for fans(restrooms, concessions, etc.).

Probably the best current picture is from the facilities page at GoBison: (the visiting team sits under the press box)
    Those are pretty good but I agree we need better. To attract the best players from warm climates we need ELITE facilities to go with a good tradition weve built. I would love to see another playoff run. And I would like to see some fans at the game.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Greenie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

After the SHAC is completed, which supposedly now includes refurbishing the Dacotah field seating area, the next facility improvement would the softball/soccer/track and field area at Ellig. I suppose it would cost around 5 million for upgrades. Then, focus could move to an indoor training facility to be used by pretty much all sports. This would be similar to Youngstown State's facility and would cost around 15 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    After the SHAC is completed, which supposedly now includes refurbishing the Dacotah field seating area, the next facility improvement would the softball/soccer/track and field area at Ellig. I suppose it would cost around 5 million for upgrades. Then, focus could move to an indoor training facility to be used by pretty much all sportsman. This would be similar to Youngstown State's facility and would cost around 15 million.
    I love the indoor training facility idea. Ours would cost much less. The Youngstown Facility cost 12.3 million and is pretty amazing. Its nicer than many BCS schools except theirs costs more because it has things were already have, like indoor batting cages, track and field training equipment, and locker rooms. We could easily do it for 8-10 million. We would probably get more use out of it given the fact weather sucks and practicing outdoors does nothing for a home playoff game in the dome. The only time its better is when we have to travel to a place like Bozeman in the playoffs.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

After the SHAC is completed, which supposedly now includes refurbishing the Dacotah field seating area, the next facility improvement would the softball/soccer/track and field area at Ellig. I suppose it would cost around 5 million for upgrades. Then, focus could move to an indoor training facility to be used by pretty much all sports. This would be similar to Youngstown State's facility and would cost around 15 million.
    Could there be a plan to move soccer to Dacotah? I can't see any reason for putting money into refurbishing the stands otherwise(except sentimentality). With soccer at Dacotah, the center of the Ellig could either be used for some throwing events or it could become the secondary soccer practice field. Either way, the area just west of the track that is being used as a practice field would then be freed up for a new softball field. If that's still part of the plan.

Greenie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Could there be a plan to move soccer to Dacotah? I can't see any reason for putting money into refurbishing the stands otherwise(except sentimentality). With soccer at Dacotah, the center of the Ellig could either be used for some throwing events or it could become the secondary soccer practice field. Either way, the area just west of the track that is being used as a practice field would then be freed up for a new softball field. If that's still part of the plan.
    If the Dacotah field north stands and locker room complex could be renovated without a terrible amount of expense, that would be a very nice soccer competition field. This would make sense if the plan is to renovate the stands in the SHAC plans, and considering that the current soccer competition field isn't technically big enough.

Dacotah field could still be used for football (and soccer) practice, or better yet add another field-turf practice field that could take the place of one of the natural grass fields just south of the BSA.

This scenario would allow the outdoor T/F complex to remain as is. Upgrade the softball stadium, and that should complete the outdoor facilities.

Then, the only thing that would remain down the road would be an indoor training facility to be used by all sports (ala Youngstown State's facility).
    Last edited by Greenie; 05-17-2012 at 07:35 PM.

If the Dacotah field north stands and locker room complex could be renovated without a terrible amount of expense, that would be a very nice soccer competition field. This would make sense if the plan is to renovate the stands in the SHAC plans, and considering that the current soccer competition field isn't technically big enough.

Dacotah field could still be used for football (and soccer) practice, or better yet add another field-turf practice field that could take the place of one of the natural grass fields just south of the BSA.

This scenario would allow the outdoor T/F complex to remain as is. Upgrade the softball stadium, and that should complete the outdoor facilities.

Then, the only thing that would remain down the road would be an indoor training facility to be used by all sports (ala Youngstown State's facility).
    I'm excited to see the Dacotah Field stands renovated. They also use Dacotah for rugby.

I wonder where we could put an indoor training facility? Is there room where the crappy tennis courts are at?

how much court side seats gonna cost?

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I'm excited to see the Dacotah Field stands renovated. They also use Dacotah for rugby.

I wonder where we could put an indoor training facility? Is there room where the crappy tennis courts are at?
    Not enough room over there. Those courts should get removed though, they are a blight on the campus.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    Not enough room over there. Those courts should get removed though, they are a blight on the campus.
    Plenty of spots to put it. In no particular order.

1) university drive where the grass practice fields are. Worst case they would still have 1-1 /2 open grass fields to practice on. Although part of the mystique is camp and practices during a humid summer day.

2) 19th Ave in the spot by the Candlewood although its probably the "technology park"

3) west of the softball fields there is a spot the size of 3 football fields. Not sure what its for.

4) anywhere in the technology park. Tons of space.

It would look the most impressive along 19th Ave or University where it can be seen. Great first impression for visitors coming from the airport to see the Dome from a distance and pass by a bad ass looking practice facility ... only to end up in the SHAC and the dome offices