Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: BCS National Championship official thread

Default Re: BCS National Championship official thread

I'm echoing Bill Simmons' sentiment by saying, Congrats to Auburn for winning the 2011 title. And congrats in advance to Oregon for winning it retroactively in 2013.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Yes there is way too much time between games, but the NCAA says that is what's best for the student athletes and I believe them because they have the student athletes best interest at heart. Well at least the student athletes that that are male, and that play football, and that play football at the FBS level. Those other student athletes in all other sports apparently follow a different curriculum or have a different class structure that allows them to compete in post season tournaments before, during and after the finals period.
    Keep in mind the championship game and the other 4 major bowl games are put on by the BCS and not the NCAA. They are two separate organizations. The BCS members are also members of the NCAA but they are separate. NDSU is an NCAA member but they are not a BCS member for example.

This has to be one of the first game threads I've read where someone didn't slam the officials. It certainly helps that there weren't many crazy plays to officiate. I'm good friends with the umpire (the guy with the great pick on the Oregon pass in the 4th quarter) and he's an excellent official. I hope he gets the call to the NFL soon.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I'm good friends with the umpire (the guy with the great pick on the Oregon pass in the 4th quarter) and he's an excellent official. I hope he gets the call to the NFL soon.
    LMFAO, that was EPIC. He OWNED that guy.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Good game congrats to Auburn War Eagle
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

BRING BACK SNORTY