Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oregon's Laura Roesler

Default Oregon's Laura Roesler

Laura was on Hammer's show yesterday and she was talking about her experience at Oregon so far. She is now training with the sprinters and thinks that she is faster than she has ever been. Her first race is in two weeks and I can't wait to see how she does.

She is focusing on the 400/800. Her times are going to drop drastically this first year IMHO.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

Default Re: Oregon's Laura Roesler

Any chance she transfers to NDSU? Just kidding. Good luck to her at Oregon

This might need to be moved now, but I think it's will be exciting to follow her career. My wife works with Laura's mom, so we've been getting periodic updates on how Laura's freshman year is going. We usually get the "it's going well, she's finding out how tough it's going to be", type stuff. Since T&F is starting I decided to check out how she's doing. Not a bad start to her indoor career.

In her Duck debut, at the UW Indoor Preview she ran the 3rd fastest 600 time in school history (1:29.80) and anchored an all freshman 4 x400 team to the 5th fastest time in school history (3:41.02).

Not a bad first meet.

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roper1313 View Post
    This might need to be moved now, but I think it's will be exciting to follow her career. My wife works with Laura's mom, so we've been getting periodic updates on how Laura's freshman year is going. We usually get the "it's going well, she's finding out how tough it's going to be", type stuff. Since T&F is starting I decided to check out how she's doing. Not a bad start to her indoor career.

In her Duck debut, at the UW Indoor Preview she ran the 3rd fastest 600 time in school history (1:29.80) and anchored an all freshman 4 x400 team to the 5th fastest time in school history (3:41.02).

Not a bad first meet.
    Wow, great start for Laura.

Thanks for the updates on Roesler. That 600 time is absolutely smoking! (as is indicative of third fastest in school history at a school that calls itself "Track Capital USA).

I'm glad she is training with the sprinters. That is going to fit her much better than running 60 to 70 or 80 miles a week with the distance and cross country kids.

There is no surprise that she is the fastest she has been. Fargo South did an outstanding job with her, but she is seeing things in her training out there like nothing she has seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison05 View Post
    Thanks for the updates on Roesler. That 600 time is absolutely smoking! (as is indicative of third fastest in school history at a school that calls itself "Track Capital USA).
    Yeah, that'd be NDSU's fastest every by over a second (granted it was done on a 300 meter track and I don't think NDSU tracksters run the 600 very often) but still... holy cow!

Laura may be listed on the cross country roster, but from what I understand that was so she could attend a specific camp this past fall. The coaches thought it would help so they put her on the roster, but don't expect to ever see her run a CC race.

Quote Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
    Laura was on Hammer's show yesterday and she was talking about her experience at Oregon so far. She is now training with the sprinters and thinks that she is faster than she has ever been. Her first race is in two weeks and I can't wait to see how she does.

She is focusing on the 400/800. Her times are going to drop drastically this first year IMHO.
    Thanks Castor Troy
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Laura is running in the UW Invitational in Seattle, Washington. Yesterday she helped her team qualify for nationals in the Distance Medley Relay with a time of 11:02, which is 1200, 400, 800, 1600. I am not sure what her split was, but the time broke the stadium record and is the 3rd best time in school history. She was slated to run the open 400, but saw that she is now running the open 200 and the 4 x 400 relay.
    Last edited by Castor Troy; 01-29-2011 at 08:35 PM.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

Way to go Laura+++
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB