Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Gopher Game... Let the Planning Begin

Default Re: 2011 Gopher Game... Let the Planning Begin

Quote Originally Posted by goldenshower View Post
    ha i guess my limited interest in ndsu basketball and football means im seaking out "other teams sites." i know a kid who is being recruited by ndsu for hoops which has sparked my interest a bit. i guess im in the same boat as lakesbison because i do the "rah rah" thing for gopher athletics. when i truly believe it will be a boring close game when we take on your team. something like a 10-9 barnburner with good defense and gross offense.

my added interest has always been from the 2006 game when ndsu fans were telling gopher fans we needed to respect your div 2 championships. i have dealt with arrogant fanbases like ohio st and michigan but never heard anything like the bison fans were spitting. and now we have guys coming to the gopher msg board(gopherhole) and saying ndsu is too good for fbs conferences like the wac and right now they would be a top 2-3 team in the mac because they destroyed central mich in 06. i respect ndsu's team and all but you guys havent had a winning record in the mvfc yet and had a single playoff run that you guys were screwed in on that red field. i am a gopher fan but i dont think we are going to be anything more than a 4-5 win team and im not sold on jerry kill. if guys are going to come to gopherhole and spew b.s. you should expect to get it in return because no one feels ndsu has done anything at the fbs level to prove they are going to be a force. doesnt mean it cant happen! good luck
    I have never been to gopherhole. But, your statement about NDSU as being the most arrogant, can we take that as a compliment? I remember walking to the dome with my family wearing NDSU stuff, we were heckled by gopher fans, we weren't cat-calling, the gopher fans were. It didn't bother me much, I figured let it play out on the field, and boy did it ever! NDSU won on both sides of the LOS, dominated the stats and won the second game. To me, that was worth more than any "arragant" statement, either on the fan boards or walking to the dome. We'll let the players play and see who wins, I will be there with my family again. I got a good feeling about NDSU's chances, call me arrogant!
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    I have never been to gopherhole. But, your statement about NDSU as being the most arrogant, can we take that as a compliment? I remember walking to the dome with my family wearing NDSU stuff, we were heckled by gopher fans, we weren't cat-calling, the gopher fans were. It didn't bother me much, I figured let it play out on the field, and boy did it ever! NDSU won on both sides of the LOS, dominated the stats and won the second game. To me, that was worth more than any "arragant" statement, either on the fan boards or walking to the dome. We'll let the players play and see who wins, I will be there with my family again. I got a good feeling about NDSU's chances, call me arrogant!
    its one thing to believe your team is going to win and another telling people to respect you because of div 2 titles(i heard this from a few hundred people that numerous locations had bizon faithful telling gopher fans the same thing). no one cares what the stat line was-the record stands university of minnesota 7 ndsu 1. most gopher fans didnt care and still dont care about playing ndsu. i dont mind it because i have a lot of ndsu friends that come but they even become a new brand of dbag each passing day. gopher football has been nothing more or worse than average for the last 45 years and i know very little about ndsu's d2 titles because i dont follow d2 football. but again i expect a very boring tight game that comes down to a field goal.

i think you guys have a nice shot at winning. we are in another transition period and you guys have a very good fcs defense. i think very little of your offense because history shows ndsu is not going to put up huge points. your defense wins the games and your offense hopes to not screw anything up.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    There was an NDSU fan who said NDSU wouldn't want to join the WAC because it is neither stable nor geographically friendly. I guess that isn't true? While this may shock you, few of us are desperate to be in the FBS and fewer want to join a substandard FBS league just to say we are FBS.

Honestly I think NDSU, SIU or UNI could be top 2-3 in the MAC. The MAC isn't that great, that statement is based on the strength of those football programs and not any individual game.
    fargobison
    NDSU has has all the regional talent they'd need right in MN, ND SD, Nebraska and Wisconsin. Five states in our region and just three instate FBS schools, NDSU could build a decent program.

The school's problem is that we are not close to any FBS conference. The WAC would probably have us but I'm not sure if we'd want them.

Not sure what doesn't have the fanbase means either, I don't want to go all lakesbison but we seem to have pretty good support at least enough to be in a lower tier FBS conference.

youre right he did say it was because of geography and stability!

its one thing to believe your team is going to win and another telling people to respect you because of div 2 titles(i heard this from a few hundred people that numerous locations had bizon faithful telling gopher fans the same thing). no one cares what the stat line was-the record stands university of minnesota 7 ndsu 1. most gopher fans didnt care and still dont care about playing ndsu. i dont mind it because i have a lot of ndsu friends that come but they even become a new brand of dbag each passing day. gopher football has been nothing more or worse than average for the last 45 years and i know very little about ndsu's d2 titles because i dont follow d2 football. but again i expect a very boring tight game that comes down to a field goal.

i think you guys have a nice shot at winning. we are in another transition period and you guys have a very good fcs defense. i think very little of your offense because history shows ndsu is not going to put up huge points. your defense wins the games and your offense hopes to not screw anything up.
    Wow, what a brilliant observation.........NDSU's offense has been pathetic for a long time. Even in the Walker years it was just good enough to win. Not since betwen 1980 and 1990 has NDSU's offense been dominant, almost with the ability to score at will back then. Ater that somehow the offensive recruiting and coaching at NDSU has left big holes. One of the biggest failures is a lack of finding and developing very good to excellent QB's. Walker was the exception.

I know this might be hard to believe but in 2007 we were #5 in total offense and #3 in scoring offense in the FCS. The offense was very balanced #37 in passing and #13 in rushing.

In 2006 we were #8 in total offense and #7 in scoring offense. We were #16 in rushing and #34 in passing.

Since 2007 we've actually kept a great rushing attack... #17 in 2008, #6 in 2009 and #35 in 2010.

Passing offense has been nothing but a descent into the abyss though....#66 in 2008, #73 in 2009 and #96 in 2010.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I know this might be hard to believe but in 2007 we were #5 in total offense and #3 in scoring offense in the FCS. The offense was very balanced #37 in passing and #13 in rushing.

In 2006 we were #8 in total offense and #7 in scoring offense. We were #16 in rushing and #34 in passing.

Since 2007 we've actually kept a great rushing attack... #17 in 2008, #6 in 2009 and #35 in 2010.

Passing offense has been nothing but a descent into the abyss though....#66 in 2008, #73 in 2009 and #96 in 2010.
    Cool. Good stats, where do you get them? Thanks.

goofers will not be able to stop the run in 2011....we will absolutely pound the ball down their throats and grind them up! Slow death!

Well a lot of the country makes fun of north dakota due to stereotypes the same way minnesota is made fun of, wisky, etc. I'm not on a horse as high as yours mnriverbison but I like fan interaction and trash talk. My problem is we play 3 games as well as an offseason before the bison. Ndsu fans are making this game more than it is and lakes makes all of you look bad!

Well, the gopher fans I sat next to at the last 2 NDSU/Minn games make you and all gopher fans look bad.

Game 1: Once the Bibeau FB is blocked, 2 different gopher fans jump up and turn around and point their fingers in my face and start yelling at me saying my team sucks, you shouldn't be playing us, among many other expletives.

Game 2: Sitting in my seats with friends cheering for my team. The 2 ladies sitting in front of me ask me where I got my tickets? I say it doesn't matter where I got them. They then proceed to ask me to leave my seats because I am not cheering for Minnesota. I just laugh because I thought no way this can be real. Now part 2, we win the game and I say good game to the ladies' husband and put my hand out to shake and pulls one of those 'I am going to squeeze your hand as hard as I can' handshakes and tells me to f*** off and to never come back to a gopher game.

So, mr shower, I wouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house. Yes, lakes may get people riled up and annoy opposing fans, but there are just as many on your side that make you and other gopher fans look just as bad.
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

If this golden shower fella hasn't realized by now that each and every sports organization from the NFL all of the way down to Pop Warner football has obnoxious, abusive, and even violent fans, then he doesn't know that much about sports in general. That being said, he has no credibility with me. I would encourage all of the BV faithful to simply ignore his disrespectful commentary.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That doesn't happen everywhere...

Unfortunately it will happen at home and away. Keep in mind you will meet wonderful "rivals" as I have with UNI fans both at home and in Iowa. Don't get me wrong "those" less desirable fans were at UNI too, but a good mix. We also met other "rivals" in Terre Haute that welcomed us with BBQ and free tickets.

Mr Shower/Gopher Nation, I'm sure when we walk by your tailgating area, or pass you in the stadium, we would greet each other and rib each other with predictions. Keep in mind, these are kids that are out there giving it all, not us old dudes hiding behind a computer.

To Football...

Go Bison!
    Attached Images Attached Images