Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Offensive Play in 2011

Default First Offensive Play in 2011

Several years ago, some college created some sort of fundraiser contest whereby the winner of the contest got to make the first offensive play call in a game. Given that all here on BV have such elite football minds and are otherwise incredibily creative, we should come up with some sort of fundraiser that would allow a BV member to make the first call for the 2011 Lafayette game. I mean, what the hell, it's Lafayette. Anybody have any ideas? No, not the call, the fundraiser. We could then donate the funds generated to Teammakers. Obviously we would have to "sell" this to Simmers, but it's possible, and may get the Bison some national attention early in the season. Just a thought.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: First Offensive Play in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Several years ago, some college created some sort of fundraiser contest whereby the winner of the contest got to make the first offensive play call in a game. Given that all here on BV have such elite football minds and are otherwise incredibily creative, we should come up with some sort of fundraiser that would allow a BV member to make the first call for the 2011 Lafayette game. I mean, what the hell, it's Lafayette. Anybody have any ideas? No, not the call, the fundraiser. We could then donate the funds generated to Teammakers. Obviously we would have to "sell" this to Simmers, but it's possible, and may get the Bison some national attention early in the season. Just a thought.
    Would the winner get to choose from among a group of plays, or could they just pull something out of their rear ends? Not that anyone on this board would do that of course.

Quote Originally Posted by MinotBison View Post
    Would the winner get to choose from among a group of plays, or could they just pull something out of their rear ends? Not that anyone on this board would do that of course.
    I was thinking that the winner could pick a play from what I hope to be an expanded play book next year, or perhaps be given 10 plays from which to pick, but one must be a longball.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

My call would be a double-reverse flea-flicker!

Jensen-McNorton-Sigers-Jensen-Halloway = TD!

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BemidjiBison11 View Post
    My call would be a double-reverse flea-flicker!

Jensen-McNorton-Sigers-Jensen-Halloway = SACK!
    ...that's what would more likely happen, sorry...

We'd have to narrow it down to eight plays. Then the winner would enter their play section by hitting a direction on the D-Pad and either A or B on an NES controller.

Seriously, can someone to and interweb search and find the history of what I described in my initial thread?
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Might be the only way to run a fullback dive...

He fakes to the right. He doesn't fake. He thinks about faking.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Seriously, can someone to and interweb search and find the history of what I described in my initial thread?
    The only time I have heard of this is when a coach gives a dying kid a wish, which is awesome.