Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Game Today...

Default Re: Game Today...

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    When Augustana is ranked in the top 5 and they had to leave the NCC because they were not competitive (or was that Morningside?)... just tellin' ya! I don't think they have ever beaten UND or USD. If fact I don't think they have come within 2 scores.
    Morningside....
    "We will choke their ass out, we will get our victory and we will sing the Rouser."

-Tim Brewster 10/20/2007 about 10:00am (BTN)

THE "90BISON" - In case there is ANY confusion.......

Quote Originally Posted by 90BISON View Post
    Morningside....
    Still anyone who watched the old NCC has to chuckle at Augustana

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    i haz a feeling eastern washington will beat delaware
    I will be in Frisco cheering hard for the Hens. Also always great to see Delta State go down. I'm sure TMWTFN was crushed.

BRING BACK SNORTY

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    That was a close kick! Great game congrats Mn Duluth. They have really taken advantage of NDSU, UND, SDSU, and USD making the move to D1 but what's cool is they have built a great program on pretty much all Minnesota kids. Congrats!
    MN Duluth has more national championships in football than UND does.

Great Job!

Congratulations Duluth! Duluth has obviously built a very good program, winning two titles in thres years. Plus they have done that without a full complement of scholarships.

I don't understand all the comments about "watered down" DII football that are being made. Division two is probably more competitive now as there is less difference between the have and have nots. As many have said, in our final years of DII we probably didn't fit the mold of a DII program because of our large athletic budget. My suspicion is that NDSU was the oddity in Division 2 not the norm. We were a Division 1 program who was playing Division Two sports.

On a side note about yesterday's games. What about Wisconsin Whitewater and Mount Union? They have met for the title for the past six years. On top of that Mount Union has been in the title game like 14 of the last 17 years (or something like that),

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    I reality due to the strength of the conference, can the bison afford to play a strong FCS team from a win loss perspective.

The bison have yet to run the table in the MVFC so they need all the non conference they can. Can't always count on being the FBS team like they did this year. No guarantees you beat Minnesota next year. If you want eight wins to make playoffs, a FBS and a non conference loss to a Georgia Southern, Montana, or other highly ranked team, could mean no playoffs due to the conference we play in.

Remember although at the end we loved the run the bison went on, they were in a 6 way tie for third in the conference, which in itself is an amazing item when you look at the final standings.

Nice understatement.

4-4 in a down year is a step in the right direction, though. Baby steps, bro, baby steps.
    subvert the dominant paradigm[/SIZE]

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Having a winning record in the MVFC would be a first!

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by houndawg View Post
    Nice understatement.

4-4 in a down year is a step in the right direction, though. Baby steps, bro, baby steps.
    My point is 5-3 in conference and loss to Minnesota or a loss to a Montana or Georgia Southern means no playoffs. Due to strength of MVFC, do they have to have cupcakes for non conference to insure playoffs.

Which is sad, because, I think everyone wants a Georgia Southern or Montana at home, but you may not be able to afford to due to strength of conference.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    My point is 5-3 in conference and loss to Minnesota or a loss to a Montana or Georgia Southern means no playoffs. Due to strength of MVFC, do they have to have cupcakes for non conference to insure playoffs.

Which is sad, because, I think everyone wants a Georgia Southern or Montana at home, but you may not be able to afford to due to strength of conference.
    I agree. Scheduling is kind of tough. Fans want to see the best teams but it can bite you in the you know what. If the goal is to get into the playoffs yearly then we best be careful in scheduling.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The answer is to win our conference! Then we dont have to worry about our OOC schedule. We do have an autobid!