Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Coach is.....Kari Thompson

Default Re: Next Coach is ??

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    We have a girl at the bar who bartends for us during the holidays and she plays VB for South Carolina. She knows alot of VB players who were recuited by NDSU and the stories involved with the NDSU team. Interesting take on what the situation was like before Kari took over.
    I would LOVE to be sitting a couple stools down, so
    I could hear that conversation!

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    We have a girl at the bar who bartends for us during the holidays and she plays VB for South Carolina. She knows alot of VB players who were recuited by NDSU and the stories involved with the NDSU team. Interesting take on what the situation was like before Kari took over.
    Interesting, I assume its not all exactly positive

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    down the road ill like to see our recruiting under hinterstocker compared to how it will be... i feel like hinterstocker was a great coach, but im not gonna pretend like i know anything about volleyball. i dont...
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Elephants Dream? View Post
    I would LOVE to be sitting a couple stools down, so
    I could hear that conversation!
    ME TOO!!
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

The job is posted nationally and has been for some time.

Kari would be a great choice but that is only if she had not pissed off the female administrator in the last few years while Eric was coach. If she has, she is out.
    Kari was Eric's asst for six or seven years, did a majority of the recruiting and is loved by her players and is very knowledgable. I thought under her leadership they finished the season strong and looked very competitive. Nothing against Eric, but with Kari the girls looked more relaxed and looking like they were having fun out there. Sometimes when a coach is too intense, the players play to not make a mistake, instead of playing to their potential.

Good Luck Kari, if you do not get the NDSU job, it is their loss and you will do well. Remember she was listed as one of the top under 30 coaches in America!

new turn of event, speculation is that Kari will get the NDSU job because as of today NDSU has posted a job opening for an Asst VB coach. (Kari's old position). Maybe this streamlines things doing it this way....not sure

Greenie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

According to the NDSU employment opportunities website, the head coach and assistant coaches (up to 2) are still posted. The closing date for the head coach is 1/19, and 1/28 for the assistants.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    According to the NDSU employment opportunities website, the head coach and assistant coaches (up to 2) are still posted. The closing date for the head coach is 1/19, and 1/28 for the assistants.
    Of course this makes sense, if the head coach job is up for search the assistants would be hired by the next head coach whoever that may be.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by trakchic View Post
    The job is posted nationally and has been for some time.

Kari would be a great choice but that is only if she had not pissed off the female administrator in the last few years while Eric was coach. If she has, she is out.
    Kari was Eric's asst for six or seven years, did a majority of the recruiting and is loved by her players and is very knowledgable. I thought under her leadership they finished the season strong and looked very competitive. Nothing against Eric, but with Kari the girls looked more relaxed and looking like they were having fun out there. Sometimes when a coach is too intense, the players play to not make a mistake, instead of playing to their potential.

Good Luck Kari, if you do not get the NDSU job, it is their loss and you will do well. Remember she was listed as one of the top under 30 coaches in America!
    She has my vote for Head Coach based on these comments especially...
    Let's Go Bison!!!

met1990 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

met1990 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/201...bout-to-close/

The closing date for the posting of the NDSU head volleyball coaching position is tomorrow and then the list will go to a search committee. Here is the list of applicants on file with NDSU so far. It does not include interim head coach Kari Thompson.

■Dave Manka, head coach, Northern Lights volleyball club and former Bison assistant.
    ■Ben Somera, head coach, South Carolina. Mr. Somera, by the way, addressed his letter to Saint Louis University, which is not a good sign in him getting this job.
    ■Al Givens, head coach, Weber State. Veteran coach is 205-331 at Weber.
    ■Joel McCartney, head coach, Georgia. McCartney was fired in November after a four-year record of 62-55. The coach prior to McCartney had a 16-43 record.
    ■Oleksandr Gator, assistant, Cornell.
    ■Nels Rydberg, assistant coach, Wright State from 2007-09.
    ■Rick Muschka, head coach, Park University (Mo.).
    ■Kris Zeiter, head coach, Seton Hall.
    ■Kandice Kelly, assistant, Montana.
    ■Mark Jones, head coach, Manhattan College
    ■Steve Hendricks, assistant, New Mexico
    ■Bill Egberg, assistant coach, Ol’ Miss
    ■Moritz Moritz, assistant, Idaho.

Quote Originally Posted by met1990 View Post
    http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/201...bout-to-close/

The closing date for the posting of the NDSU head volleyball coaching position is tomorrow and then the list will go to a search committee. Here is the list of applicants on file with NDSU so far. It does not include interim head coach Kari Thompson.

■Dave Manka, head coach, Northern Lights volleyball club and former Bison assistant.
    ■Ben Somera, head coach, South Carolina. Mr. Somera, by the way, addressed his letter to Saint Louis University, which is not a good sign in him getting this job.
    ■Al Givens, head coach, Weber State. Veteran coach is 205-331 at Weber.
    ■Joel McCartney, head coach, Georgia. McCartney was fired in November after a four-year record of 62-55. The coach prior to McCartney had a 16-43 record.
    ■Oleksandr Gator, assistant, Cornell.
    ■Nels Rydberg, assistant coach, Wright State from 2007-09.
    ■Rick Muschka, head coach, Park University (Mo.).
    ■Kris Zeiter, head coach, Seton Hall.
    ■Kandice Kelly, assistant, Montana.
    ■Mark Jones, head coach, Manhattan College
    ■Steve Hendricks, assistant, New Mexico
    ■Bill Egberg, assistant coach, Ol’ Miss
    ■Moritz Moritz, assistant, Idaho.
    Well, Oleksandr Gator narrowly beats Moritz Moritz for best name.

Hmm, http://www.cornellbigred.com/roster.aspx?path=wvball

Where's Oleksandr? Apparently the last name is Gutor...
    Only one woman on the list, btw.