Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Coach is.....Kari Thompson

Default Next Coach is.....Kari Thompson

Is Kari getting the job or what?? If so why is it taking so long? Any thoughts out there. Seems if she was getting it, this would have been done weeks ago.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Next Coach is ??

I think she has a good shot at it...
    Let's Go Bison!!!

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I would assume it would be hers if she wants it??

Quote Originally Posted by D_One_here_we_come View Post
    Is Kari getting the job or what?? If so why is it taking so long? Any thoughts out there. Seems if she was getting it, this would have been done weeks ago.
    Why is it taking so long?? Hello, the national tourney final game is tonight, don't you think that they should wait and then advertise the position after the tourney??.

An no I am not taking anything away from Kari, and really do think she has a strong shot at it.

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I read somewhere that Kari is at the National Tournament and will sit down with Lynn Dorn on her return. I sure hope that she is picked as the new coach. For coming in with no expectations and for her not searching for a head job, she did an outstanding job. She let the players have fun. As she had said, they only want to play volleyball. Good luck to Kari and her future.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Why is it taking so long?? Hello, the national tourney final game is tonight, don't you think that they should wait and then advertise the position after the tourney??.

An no I am not taking anything away from Kari, and really do think she has a strong shot at it.
    IMO, I think it is highly Unlikely that the job will be *advertised*.
    Yes, it will take place after the tourney is finished.
    Lynn D. has a short list of people she may want, and I assume
    Kari is on that list somewhere. Lynn may be waiting until after
    the tourney to talk to some of them, then if they are interested
    she may make an offer to her top available choice.
    Again, just my opinion.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Can she recruit?
    Can she discipline players?
    Can she do more that take a team to the finish line after the course has already been set?
    Can she show the leadership to build a team after the current group of players finish their careers?

Maybe . . . but I'm not convinced until she takes the team through an entire season with some of the senior leaders gone and has success.

Her predicessor's leadership skills were top notch, so I'm taking a wait and see and hoping for the best. With coach H, I knew we'd get the players, that's my biggest concern with any replacement. Can they recruit.

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm not an insider in volleyball, but some of our former players would have nothing to do with him. Personally, I liked what he had done in the transition. I guess he didn't have too much respect for all that had been done in DII. Bottom line...we wouldn't have our VB tradition without all our former players. Thankfully they put the DII accomplishments back up on the wall. I hope thay give Kari a chance. She seems to have a staff in place and the players seem to connect with her. You'd think that she had something to do with our recent recruiting.

We have a girl at the bar who bartends for us during the holidays and she plays VB for South Carolina. She knows alot of VB players who were recuited by NDSU and the stories involved with the NDSU team. Interesting take on what the situation was like before Kari took over.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

down the road ill like to see our recruiting under hinterstocker compared to how it will be... i feel like hinterstocker was a great coach, but im not gonna pretend like i know anything about volleyball. i dont...