Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bohl a target at Ball State?

Default Re: Bohl a target at Ball State?

Quote Originally Posted by DORMIE View Post
    I think Coach Bohl is enjoying Fargo even though he has to put up with all the bull s&#@ on this board by all the full time coaches. He has a nice staff put together and obviously a nice young team coming up and he and Ryan just bought a house just off the 5th green at the FCC. I think he's where he wants to be. Ball State isn't Fargo. Craig, Ryan and their son would probably like to stay in Fargo for awhile. He's probably to the point where money isn't the only reason to move up. Why move up for chump change and then die there.
    I am not huge Bohl fan, but I think Dormie is right about this and hopefully Bohl has learned from some of his mistakes. The stability at head coach could well help the Bison. Now, if Vigen were to pack up......it would not bother me at all.

I don't think that Bohl will take the move to Ball State. Then again with the 6-5 and 3-8 seasons at NDSU and some of the player problems, and Bohl's own admitted failures in recruiting from '05-'07 (I think those were the years) would be enough to scare Ball State away. I think though, if we win the MVC and the National Championship next year then Bohl is gone, and it might be a good time for Gene Taylor to start looking for an internal successor to Bohl. We'll be real good next year and a shot at the National Championship for Bohl is too much to pass up.

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Testicle Tech.
    -yah, I know I've used this oldy, but goody before....sorry.
    Spoken like someone who has spent time in this area!!

Ball State is actually a very good school with an excellent broadcasting program (David Letterman is alumnus and gives the school a lot of money) and a very good architecture school. They are somewhat of a party school for those who don't want the huge IU or Purdue campus. I think it's around 20k students.

Contrary to what Sagarin will tell you or our success against the MAC schools in football, most people view the MAC as a step above the Summit and definitely the MVFC (FBS vs. FCS). There is a lot more potential for national TV exposure and you are more likely to be considered for other FBS jobs (especially BCS) if you are a successful coach at Ball State than at North Dakota State. That doesn't mean Bohl couldn't someday make the jump directly from NDSU.

Muncie is not a very nice place and I wouldn't even consider it a college town. It's a struggling manufacturing city that happens to have a big university. Other than the weather, Fargo is definitely a much nicer city. They have an OK stadium with some newer facilities but the coach's office is a joke. It's a big room with 3 or 4 desks and a training table! We use it for one of our college clinics every year and I was surprised when I found out it was the coach's office. The D3 schools where I work have individual offices for the coaches. That was apparently one of the main reasons Brady Hoke left for San Diego State.

The only reason I could see Bohl making the jump to Ball State was if he had a goal of someday coaching at a BCS school and saw this as an opportunity to get more national exposure and credibility. If that's not a goal or if he feels he could get the same opportunity after a couple national championships at NDSU, he has no reason to leave. NDSU is not your typical FCS program even in their second year and is a pretty good place to be.

I agree with Bisonfan11.....I doubt he would leave for Ball State based on NDSU's current status ....NDSU is on the verge of being very, very good over the next three years...tons of young talent that made large contributions to the team this year.....and they all had a taste of success after three rounds of the playoffs. I would highly doubt Bohl would leave for a minor bump in pay to rebuild a MAC program, but if he does leave for a different job, whomever replaces him will be walking into a great coaching position.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Spoken like someone who has spent time in this area!!

Ball State is actually a very good school with an excellent broadcasting program (David Letterman is alumnus and gives the school a lot of money) and a very good architecture school. They are somewhat of a party school for those who don't want the huge IU or Purdue campus. I think it's around 20k students.

Contrary to what Sagarin will tell you or our success against the MAC schools in football, most people view the MAC as a step above the Summit and definitely the MVFC (FBS vs. FCS). There is a lot more potential for national TV exposure and you are more likely to be considered for other FBS jobs (especially BCS) if you are a successful coach at Ball State than at North Dakota State. That doesn't mean Bohl couldn't someday make the jump directly from NDSU.

Muncie is not a very nice place and I wouldn't even consider it a college town. It's a struggling manufacturing city that happens to have a big university. Other than the weather, Fargo is definitely a much nicer city. They have an OK stadium with some newer facilities but the coach's office is a joke. It's a big room with 3 or 4 desks and a training table! We use it for one of our college clinics every year and I was surprised when I found out it was the coach's office. The D3 schools where I work have individual offices for the coaches. That was apparently one of the main reasons Brady Hoke left for San Diego State.

The only reason I could see Bohl making the jump to Ball State was if he had a goal of someday coaching at a BCS school and saw this as an opportunity to get more national exposure and credibility. If that's not a goal or if he feels he could get the same opportunity after a couple national championships at NDSU, he has no reason to leave. NDSU is not your typical FCS program even in their second year and is a pretty good place to be.
    If they take credit for David Letterman, they need to claim this guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W45DRy7M1no

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeal View Post
    However, if we secretly have aspirations to play in the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl or the Godaddy.com Bowl... nevermind, we don't.
    Wait a minute!

Will the Godaddy girl be there? Or Danica Patrick? I need to know this to make an informed decision.

Anyone know if he's interviewing there or anything or is this just a rumor?

BRING BACK SNORTY

I keep hearing rumors of Bohl going to Blue Mountain State.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Like it!

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Is that show any good. I watched about 5 minutes of the first episode and then haven't seen anything yet. I wasn't really impressed with it but like I said, it was only 5 minutes.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!