Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Please stop the irrational madness

Default Re: Please stop the irrational madness

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Corrupt and paid off? No way.

Bad calls happen - don't know why the reviews turned out the way they did but corruption is completely improbable.
    Hmmmm.
    Funny how you said "improbable" but not "impossible".

Bad calls happen - don't know why the reviews turned out the way they did but corruption is completely improbable.
    I like your posts and I usually agree with you.
    BUT I know your not ignorant enough to believe refs are above being corrupt? This is a big money business. Wherever there is money and power there is corruption.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I like your posts and I usually agree with you.
    BUT I know your not ignorant enough to believe refs are above being corrupt? This is a big money business. Wherever there is money and power there is corruption.
    Believe me, not trying to sound like a dick....but I'm in Tony's camp on this one. That NBA ref (can't remember his name) incident validates your point. On this one, though, I can't think of any motivation for this particular call to be intentionally botched.
    I could be wrong, though. Who knows. It just pisses me off that it had to end that way.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

the officials were not the only reason we lost that game (letting them drive 90 yards with 2 mins left), but if you think they have no role in us losing you're crazy,

1)booth review on a clearly dropped ball should have been 4th down and punt.... instead it was a catch and the next play was a TD for EWU

2)booth review last play.... you get my point

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Believe me, not trying to sound like a dick....but I'm in Tony's camp on this one. That NBA ref (can't remember his name) incident validates your point. On this one, though, I can't think of any motivation for this particular call to be intentionally botched.
    I could be wrong, though. Who knows. It just pisses me off that it had to end that way.
    What's the value to a school for making the final 4 and a game on espn? What would a National Championship do for the program? An over passionate booster? Friend of a friend?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

What's the value to a school for making the final 4 and a game on espn? What would a National Championship do for the program? An over passionate booster? Friend of a friend?
    Believe me, I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy. Like I said, I'm not saying you ARE wrong. I like to keep an open mind. I just have a hunch that it (the call) is just the result of poor officiating and/or a shitty review and decision.

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I prefer to label it imcompetent,or idiotic, or very stupid etc.. It's over and done with but I think the replay official deserves all of these labels, hell, he earned them. That said, it is correct that the game never should have gone to overtime. The lesser team won.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Believe me, I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy. Like I said, I'm not saying you ARE wrong. I like to keep an open mind. I just have a hunch that it (the call) is just the result of poor officiating and/or a shitty review and decision.
    One of 3 possibilities. 1) incompatent refs 2) emotional ties 3)money or conspiricy

Until facts are revealed we need to assume its# 1 just poor refs. But do you put stupid refs in for a big game that has replay?

One of 3 possibilities. 1) incompatent refs 2) emotional ties 3)money or conspiricy

Until facts are revealed we need to assume its# 1 just poor refs. But do you put stupid refs in for a big game that has replay?
    No.
    10, 10 and 10.

Aren't you talking about the same organization that used MEAC refs for the championship game a few years back? Wow, was that a cluster-f. Do not assume maliciousness when incompetence/idiocy is a valid alternative.