Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU Post Game thoughts

Default EWU Post Game thoughts

Might as well start a home for them.

1) !#$%?\%&^$

2) You have to give credit to Eastern Washington for driving the field and putting it in overtime. That showed some real guts on their part.

3) I think we got a little too cute on some of the short yardage plays. On our last drive the little bootleg on 3rd and two when they couldn't stop us. The boot leg thing didn't work all game, that was in my opinion a time to pound it and then pound it again to get the first down.

4) I gotta give this team credit in the post season. They played with heart and they showed us something. We have some weaknesses that need to be improved upon, but this team got somewhere where noone expected them to get.

Default Re: EWU Post Game thoughts

Next year we need to have a better regular season and get seeded.

Other than that, hell of a season. Great foundation to build on next year.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Next year we need to have a better regular season and get seeded.

Other than that, hell of a season. Great foundation to build on next year.
    I agree whole-heartedly. Much better than anyone expected.

A few coaching screw ups by Vigen....

He called a sweep to the right side and pulled Richards. That left their stud DT (don't know his name) totally unblocked. He blew in the backfield and got a huge sack on more than one occasion. Vigen called this same play on the goal-line late in the 4th when we didn't convert. Of course, we scored on the next play on defense, but I can't believe he didn't recongnise this and stop leaving stud DT unblocked. Hell, I could see it happening on the TV.

A play we don't have in the play book. Since everyone in the stadium knows we are going to run, why not try a hand off to DJ up the middle with a pitch back to Jensen and Jensen throws the ball down the middle. Can you imagine how wide open the middle (or the corners on the goal line) would be on a play like that. I guarentee you we run that play at the end (instead of the bootleg) and the TE is wide open in the middle of the end zone. If nothing else the corner will be open at the goal line.

Just my two cents.

Still a great season. Looking forward to next year already.

The short yardage call were complete BS. What the hell is Vigen doing. 4th and short hand it off or sneak it, not reverse pivot 2 yards back then try and get momentum going forward again. We ran the ball effectively why go away from it. That bootleg worked once last week and now it is the only play he can call on short yardage situations. They were waiting for it every time which meant they had one less guy keying on McNorton.

Yes the fumble call was a joke and the replay was worse but there was no way we should have been in that position. We had our foot on their throat and we didn't crush it.
    Win or Die Trying

Quote Originally Posted by HooliganBison View Post
    The short yardage call were complete BS. What the hell is Vigen doing. 4th and short hand it off or sneak it, not reverse pivot 2 yards back then try and get momentum going forward again. We ran the ball effectively why go away from it. That bootleg worked once last week and now it is the only play he can call on short yardage situations. They were waiting for it every time which meant they had one less guy keying on McNorton.

Yes the fumble call was a joke and the replay was worse but there was no way we should have been in that position. We had our foot on their throat and we didn't crush it.
    He did that same damn thing when we had 3rd and 2 with like 2:30 minutes left as well
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

coldspot is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Maybe next year upgrade the playbook from tecmo bowl to super tecmo bowl

what a weird game. fun to watch, minus the last play. In the end what cost us the game was the offense's inability to put away the game when they needed to. We didn't get that 3rd and 2 at the end and we allowed them the chance to take it on a drive and tie the game. Our offense needs a new identity. The talent is there but in so many situations the play calling handcuffs its ability. And finally the NCAA needs to get rid of instant replay. They used it 3 times this game and each time the crew fucked it up. Why even bother to review it if you blow completely obvious plays anyway? So fuck you replay officials. Eat shit and die. There now I feel better.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    what a weird game. fun to watch, minus the last play. In the end what cost us the game was the offense's inability to put away the game when they needed to. We didn't get that 3rd and 2 at the end and we allowed them the chance to take it on a drive and tie the game. Our offense needs a new identity. The talent is there but in so many situations the play calling handcuffs its ability. And finally the NCAA needs to get rid of instant replay. They used it 3 times this game and each time the crew fucked it up. Why even bother to review it if you blow completely obvious plays anyway? So fuck you replay officials. Eat shit and die. There now I feel better.
    I agree. The fact that the initial blown call made it that more difficult to correct it upon replay is bullshit. It shouldn't matter what the call was on the field...just get it right!!!!

coldspot is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just saw the replay of the fumble on espnews. Are you fucking kidding me? WOW how do you miss that one?