Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joel Lindberg and Chris Kading

bisonhusker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Joel Lindberg and Chris Kading

Hale is a shooting guard. He has good handles, but he will be a 2 guard. He is really playing well.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonhusker View Post
    Hale is a shooting guard. He has good handles, but he will be a 2 guard. He is really playing well.
    ^^^This^^^.

Our lineup next year could possibly have a different look with the graduation of Tveidt and Coleman. I'm guessing that Braun might play more 3 and less in the backcourt. At times we might see two "point guards" or three "guards" on the floor together. Things will work themselves out.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yeah it should be interesting to see, I've never seen Hale play I was just under the understanding he was a PG. In my head I saw the starting lineup next looking something like PG - Lundberg (or Hale as I hear the kid has skills and could push for the starting lineup), SG - Braun, SF - Wright, PF - Carlson, C - Bjorklund. The way Saul likes to play defense I can't see how he would replace a 6'7" SG with a 6'1" SG. Unless we finally see some zone next season there aren't going to be a lot of matchups that favor us with Hale at SG. Just an opinion, but like I said I've never seen the kid play.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Yeah it should be interesting to see, I've never seen Hale play I was just under the understanding he was a PG. In my head I saw the starting lineup next looking something like PG - Lundberg (or Hale as I hear the kid has skills and could push for the starting lineup), SG - Braun, SF - Wright, PF - Carlson, C - Bjorklund. The way Saul likes to play defense I can't see how he would replace a 6'7" SG with a 6'1" SG. Unless we finally see some zone next season there aren't going to be a lot of matchups that favor us with Hale at SG. Just an opinion, but like I said I've never seen the kid play.
    That is a good looking starting lineup! In the end, Saul will probably use an 8-9 man rotation. There will be several more good players scratching for minutes. Most of the starters are likely to play about 25 minutes per game. If the lineup is as listed, we will still look much different when we start substituting, because we may not have backups with the length of TrayVonn or Taylor at the 2/3 spots next year. So there WILL be times when you see Nate and Drew playing together, or Lindberg and Hale, or Nate and Felt, etc.

You are right about Saul's emphasis on defense and about Braun's value on the defensive end. He is already a very good defender who can create big problems for smaller guards and he will only get better with experience. Saul will not give major minutes to a player who is a defensive liability. I don't think we will have to worry about Hale in that regard.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I just don't see where Lindberg fits. With Hale, Lundberg, Zastrow at point and Braun, Wilson, Baxter and Felt at SG I don't see where he'd get the minutes. To me it'd make more sense to give him a year in the offense and weightroom and after Lundberg and Wilson graduate next year he can be plugged right in.
    I would say Wilson is more of a 3