Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joel Lindberg and Chris Kading

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Joel Lindberg and Chris Kading

The two players who signed letters of intent to play for the Bison next year had big games with their respective high school teams last night.

Joel Lindberg scored his 1000th career point!
    http://www.superiortelegram.com/event/article/id/48371/
    “Anytime you’ve got a kid that scores 1,000 points that’s as unselfish as he is, that just says something about the kind of player he is and the kind of player North Dakota State University is going to get,” said SHS coach Dave Kontny. “He’s just a great kid, a great team player. Everybody feeds off of him.”
    Chris Kading had a triple double with 13 points, 15 boards, and 12 blocks!
    http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...790/1225/GPG02
    Brett VendenBergh had a game- high 23 points for the Redbirds, but it was Chris Kading who stole the show on Tuesday night, recording a triple double in the win.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Default Re: Joel Lindberg and Chris Kading

12 blocks. WOWOWOWWOW

The future is REALLY bright for these two! What's the story on Brett VendenBergh?

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    The future is REALLY bright for these two! What's the story on Brett VendenBergh?
    VandenBergh is a 6'5" junior G at DePere where he is a teammate of Bison signee Chris Kading. Brett's sister is a senior on the Bison volleyball team. Brett missed his entire sophomore season with an injury (foot if I recall) but he is one of the top players in WI in his class. He holds scholarship offers from NDSU and SDSU and interest from other mid-major programs. He looks like a college senior and plays with toughness. I have only seen him play once, but I was impressed.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is awesome news for the Bison hoops program, even better news is that neither of these guys will need to play right away and both can redshirt and add strength before hitting the floor. With Wilson and Hale becoming eligible after transfer and Baxter and likely Aaberg coming off of redshirt and losing only 2 players in Coleman and Tveidt there won't be enough minutes for them as freshman anyway. It will be huge for Kading to reshirt to put some muscle on that 6'8" 200lb frame before hittin the floor against the bigs of D-I hoops.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    This is awesome news for the Bison hoops program, even better news is that neither of these guys will need to play right away and both can redshirt and add strength before hitting the floor. With Wilson and Hale becoming eligible after transfer and Baxter and likely Aaberg coming off of redshirt and losing only 2 players in Coleman and Tveidt there won't be enough minutes for them as freshman anyway. It will be huge for Kading to reshirt to put some muscle on that 6'8" 200lb frame before hittin the floor against the bigs of D-I hoops.
    If I recall correctly, when these kids signed Saul said publicly that Kading is a strong possibility for a redshirt, while Lindberg will likely play next year. The way I understand it is that Lindberg is probably just too good to redshirt. He is expected to be a player that can help the team win games immediately. Kading is probably good enough to play, but he may need a year to work himself up the depth chart. These are good problems to have!

By the way, when I saw Kading in person this fall, I was surprised by his body. He is not as skinny as I was expecting. He has obviously been doing some work, already.
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    If I recall correctly, when these kids signed Saul said publicly that Kading is a strong possibility for a redshirt, while Lindberg will likely play next year. The way I understand it is that Lindberg is probably just too good to redshirt. He is expected to be a player that can help the team win games immediately. Kading is probably good enough to play, but he may need a year to work himself up the depth chart. These are good problems to have!

By the way, when I saw Kading in person this fall, I was surprised by his body. He is not as skinny as I was expecting. He has obviously been doing some work, already.
    I just don't see where Lindberg fits. With Hale, Lundberg, Zastrow at point and Braun, Wilson, Baxter and Felt at SG I don't see where he'd get the minutes. To me it'd make more sense to give him a year in the offense and weightroom and after Lundberg and Wilson graduate next year he can be plugged right in.

I just don't see where Lindberg fits. With Hale, Lundberg, Zastrow at point and Braun, Wilson, Baxter and Felt at SG I don't see where he'd get the minutes. To me it'd make more sense to give him a year in the offense and weightroom and after Lundberg and Wilson graduate next year he can be plugged right in.
    You play your best players no matter what year they are. If Saul thinks he good enough to play next year, I say go for it!

Many of us didn't see how Tray would be able to play right away, either.

Nobody know for sure what will happen--not even the coaching staff. That said, Lindberg is thought to be good enough to come in and make a difference early. The best players will play, and he has a chance to be one of them. One thing that Lindberg has going for him is his physical strength. Right now, as a high school kid, his build is very similar to Drew Lundberg.

Our recruiting is improving to the point where some kids are going to be able to come in and compete for minutes early with good veteran players.
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Our recruiting is improving to the point where some kids are going to be able to come in and compete for minutes early with good veteran players.
    And this is without the BSA remodel! Saul is doing a phenomenal job I love this team.