Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones vs. Mcnorton

Default Re: Jones vs. Mcnorton

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    We are much better than 83rd in reality. Missing Gratzek and him being injured early on really hurt us. Plus, I believe one of their stud DT's Jolley is questionable for the game
    Overall they had the Bison D's total defense ranked 68. EWU 96.

As far as Scoring Defense goes we are 7 and EWU is 56

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    4.22? hahahahahaha.... yea RIGHT.
    Pretty soon Jones will be running a sub 4.2 with the way the stats keep getting better and better each time they are posted.

Will the wet turf have an effect on Jones's blazing speed?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonsupporter View Post
    Will the wet turf have an effect on Jones's blazing speed?
    Only that it will help cool off his feet so they won't spontaneously combust.

I can see it already...Jones dancing around getting 3-4 yards per run. Then one play he goes right, tries to cut back left and gets blindsided by a Bison linebacker. BOOM!!! Jones is done for the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonsupporter View Post
    I can see it already...Jones dancing around getting 3-4 yards per run. Then one play he goes right, tries to cut back left and gets blindsided by a Bison linebacker. BOOM!!! Jones is done for the rest of the game.
    My guess is he will meet Preston Evans once or twice during the game.

Folks, Taiwan Jones will be the fastest guy we've seen this year.

He's not exactly polished and has some durability questions based upon some injuries he's had, but he can fly.

His best time in the 100m was 10.53 from 2007 and I believe he had a wind-aided 10.36...Yes, Jahvid Best did beat him for the state title in 2007 where Taiwan finished 4th.

He's fast, we need to tackle and gang tackle. They will try everything in their power to get him the ball in space. If we succeed in keeping him bottled up...they get frustrated as does he. That will bode well for us.

Quote Originally Posted by TateMosersneighbor View Post

He's not exactly polished and has some durability questions based upon some injuries he's had, but he can fly.

His best time in the 100m was 10.53 from 2007 and I believe he had a wind-aided 10.36...Yes, Jahvid Best did beat him for the state title in 2007 where Taiwan finished 4th.

He's fast, we need to tackle and gang tackle. They will try everything in their power to get him the ball in space. If we succeed in keeping him bottled up...they get frustrated as does he. That will bode well for us.
    Plus weve had problems with fast backs that can scamper. Should be interesting.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by TateMosersneighbor View Post
    That's what I was thinking - fastest guy NDSU has seen. Not only have to wrap up and gang tackle, but everybody better take good angles. Remember when that Bobcat running back got bounced back a yard and still beat all the inside pursuit to pylon? That back is NOWHERE near as fast a Taiwan Jones.

Nothing wrong with respecting your opponent.