Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Sdsu

Default Re: Sdsu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I know you are just being cute, but the main difference is that Tray is happy, has several other freshman that he lives with that are difference makers (they see a future) and a staff that isn't looking at leaving. Other than that, I could clearly see why you would want to see Tray (bunny killer) leave. He is a pretty happy kid.
    And who says that Wolters isn't happy. People in Minnesota who want to fill in the blanks and assume that he fits the Gophers need of a PG. Unless you know the kid personally than you have no idea if he is happy or not.

People in NDSU-Land don't see a future for SDSU (and if you just know the Jacks in what you saw in games vs NDSU I can see why) but we do have a good young team with spots to fill.
    In the loss to Oakland in the second round (yes, we did actually advance in the Summit) we had a Sophomore PG score 23, a Freshman PF score 19, and a Freshman SG score 21. SDSU had a decent team this year even though we weren't even close to full scholly. We have 2 freshman coming in next season that can play and have room to add 3 more players. Some good JUCO's are on the radar and while SDSU might not win the Summit next season, I don't think there is any reason to think that they won't be just as good, if not better.

Quote Originally Posted by Minneapolis Jack View Post
    And who says that Wolters isn't happy. People in Minnesota who want to fill in the blanks and assume that he fits the Gophers need of a PG. Unless you know the kid personally than you have no idea if he is happy or not.

People in NDSU-Land don't see a future for SDSU (and if you just know the Jacks in what you saw in games vs NDSU I can see why) but we do have a good young team with spots to fill.
    In the loss to Oakland in the second round (yes, we did actually advance in the Summit) we had a Sophomore PG score 23, a Freshman PF score 19, and a Freshman SG score 21. SDSU had a decent team this year even though we weren't even close to full scholly. We have 2 freshman coming in next season that can play and have room to add 3 more players. Some good JUCO's are on the radar and while SDSU might not win the Summit next season, I don't think there is any reason to think that they won't be just as good, if not better.
    We'll hells bells - I've got you penciled in for the Summit championship next year!
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In the loss to Oakland in the second round (yes, we did actually advance in the Summit) we were annihilated and were not competitive.
    You wanted to go there? OK, I FIFY. Here is what your own beat writer thought of that game:

http://www.freep.com/article/2011030...wn-Jackrabbits

BY TERRY VANDROVEC
    DETROIT FREE PRESS SPECIAL WRITER

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. -- Oakland cleared two obstacles with impressive ease Monday night, stomping South Dakota State and its significant fan base at the Sioux Falls Arena.

The Summit League men's basketball semifinal was no contest. The top-seeded and defending champion Golden Grizzlies opened with a 25-9 edge and rolled to a 110-90 victory, setting a conference tournament record with 45 field goals.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm sure Wolters loves Brookings. Here are his glowing statements from a year ago:

http://www.sctimes.com/article/20100...12/1002/SPORTS

Nate Wolters spends most of his time playing basketball. That hasn’t changed for the former St. Cloud Tech star. But when you’re playing for South Dakota State and living in Brookings, S.D., there’s not much else to do.

“It was a big change coming from St. Cloud to here,” Wolters said. “They have a movie theater and things like that, but I mostly stay on campus and play basketball.”
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

They have a movie theater???????? Cooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!

But, but, but, teh hunting? teh fishing? ???
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

bisonhusker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is a joke right? You are bragging about how bad your team got beat on your home floor? It was sad and hard to watch. They again showed no heart or passion. Let alone any interest in defense. Oakland could have scored 125. Garbage time points. Dykstra can score, we have established that, but he has no interest in defense and is softer than UND's home football schedule. Are you really surrounding Wolters with anyone that is a winner? Someone that wants to defend or is an athlete? I would say no. Which is why Nagy would bolt at this chance, because getting kids to Brookings isn't easy.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just heard a rumor going around, Trayvonn Wright is looking at transferring to Iowa St. The Mayor Hoiberg has been in contact and considering he never redshirted at NDSU, he would have 3 years left.

See, that was easy.
    Easy but illegal. Just an FYI if a member of a coaching staff contacts a kid already signed with another team...well that's called tampering...

Now big difference is if the kids contacts the team/coach which is a different story.

Now if Wolters wanted to play up I do believe he had an offer from Colorado State. So my guess is this is all rumor...

I do like how Nagy addressed his team's total lack of an inside presence by adding two off-guards.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    But, but, but, teh hunting? teh fishing? ???
    Uh Oh! Looks like the Rabbits have themselves an anomaly.