Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Sdsu

Default Re: Sdsu

Nagy not named a finalist. Not surprising.

bisonhusker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I see that JackJD is trying to spin the Wolters rumor on SDSU's site as well as Gopherhole as simply a LakesBison rumor. We all know that Lakes is overboard and exaggerates, but this rumor is not his. This is also not a rumor. It may or may not happen, but there is alot of talk behind the scene from coaches in the Summit, Mountain West and Big Ten about where Wolters will play. Nobody knows, as they can't talk to the kid about it, but there is alot of heat coming from that smoke. I personally hope he stays in Brookings. With that being said, I think they are unable to surround him with enough talent to make him a winner. Which is too bad for him, but good for NDSU.

The spin at SDSU's forum is getting ridiculous...

http://www.sdsufans.com/board/showth...701#post176701e
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The spin at SDSU's forum is getting ridiculous...

http://www.sdsufans.com/board/showth...701#post176701e
    I think its ridiculous to believe that there are big ten basketball coaches worrying about what wolters wants to do lol

Just thought I'd point out the fact that there are more replies in this thread than all but 15 (out of 343) NDSU men's basketball threads.

I'm starting to think Bison fans have a lot in common with our friends at USD.

Are you more concerned with what SDSU is doing than you are with your own basketball program? It would certainly seem so.

Are you satisfied to beat SDSU twice (or 10 times straight), yet finish behind them in the final conference and regular season standings year after year? It certainly seems so.

Is the only way for NDSU to catch SDSU in conference standings for SDSU's best player to leave? It would certainly seem so.

SDSU fans aren't satisfied with where we are, but we are pleased with the progress made over the last two seasons. Can Bison fans say the same? Nope, all you have is the fact that you've beaten SDSU 10 times straight, and a great run over 2 years ago.

Since that time, NDSU has been outright awful against everyone except SDSU and lower division schools. It would seem you are all fine with that.

Enjoy your rivalry winning streak, I know I would. But to almost anyone except a Bison fan, the future is much brighter at SDSU than at NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Just thought I'd point out the fact that there are more replies in this thread than all but 15 (out of 343) NDSU men's basketball threads.

I'm starting to think Bison fans have a lot in common with our friends at USD.

Are you more concerned with what SDSU is doing than you are with your own basketball program? It would certainly seem so.

Are you satisfied to beat SDSU twice (or 10 times straight), yet finish behind them in the final conference and regular season standings year after year? It certainly seems so.

Is the only way for NDSU to catch SDSU in conference standings for SDSU's best player to leave? It would certainly seem so.

SDSU fans aren't satisfied with where we are, but we are pleased with the progress made over the last two seasons. Can Bison fans say the same? Nope, all you have is the fact that you've beaten SDSU 10 times straight, and a great run over 2 years ago.

Since that time, NDSU has been outright awful against everyone except SDSU and lower division schools. It would seem you are all fine with that.

Enjoy your rivalry winning streak, I know I would. But to almost anyone except a Bison fan, the future is much brighter at SDSU than at NDSU.
    I have to agree with you, wow. NDSU MBB, sans the Woody & Friends run, has been basically what it has always been going back to the D@ days, mediocore/slightly above average, but nothing great at all. I don't see that changing anytime soon, despite all of these "great" players NDSU reportedly signs year after year.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Against the top teams in the league(Oakland, ORU and IUPUI) over the past two seasons SDSU has two wins and NDSU has one. That is terrible for both squads.

The average score for NDSU vs these teams is 68.9-75(-6.1) and for SDSU is 78.4-85.1(-6.7).

Neither team is doing much against the top tier teams, what you're bragging about I have no idea. Your just as terrible vs the elite of the league and have no wins vs your rival.

Your team doesn't play a lick of defense, which is clearly evident by the 85.1 points per game you are giving up vs the league's elite and SDSU will never do anything meaningful in the league until they learn how to defend.

We've held Oakland to 71 points twice, they make your squad look like the Washington Generals. You are scoring on these teams though which just so happens to be NDSU's issue.

I don't think either team is closer than the other, both need to figure out somethings and add a few pieces.

I love how you say NDSU made no progress, this year's team was much better than last years.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just thought I'd point out.
    If there was ever a doubt that "wow" is a new incarnation of zooropa, it was just erased from my mind. I must say that the new moniker is apt.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Are you satisfied to beat SDSU twice (or 10 times straight)
    Certainly not, but it sure beats getting beat by your rival 10 straight times, doesn't it?
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    If there was ever a doubt that "wow" is a new incarnation of zooropa, it was just erased from my mind. I must say that the new moniker is apt.
    Both "wow" and "zooropa" were in some FB threads at the same time last fall. Zoo has fallen off the face of the earth.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.