Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Robert Morris Predictions!

Jdubs21 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Robert Morris Predictions!

Our offense got shutout against the worst defense in the league and possibly the country, our defense scores once...13-7 Bison win

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    A really good analysis and a great perspective. Thanks for looking this stuff up.

The only flaw, this offense has only scored a total of 23 touchdowns, a little over 2 a game. You think they are going to score 3X their average in a single game, with either a severely banged up QB running the O or an inexerienced one. I can't wrap my head around that being even remotely possible.

Lost in your analysis is that RMU allows 18.3 pts per game, Bison allow 16.6. They give up 100 yds rushing per game, Bison give up 171. Yards allowed passing are a wash between the two teams. RMU has a solid defense and the Bison offense has made dreadful defenses look superb, all you have to do is look at the last game to find evidence of that.

I am not going to buy into the disparity between "us" and "them". If I did, then I would have to agree with the myoptic view of Ohio State's President who just lambasted TCU and Boise State for not being worthy of playing for the national championship. Until the Bison prove to me they can score points, I personally don't see outlandish predictions of the Bison scoring >30 pts/gm as being remotely feasible. Your prediction of 45 is just way over the top, with all due respect. The Bison go from 0 to 45 in seven days? Wow....that would be Superman impressive.

But, I sure as hell hope you are right

18.3/game against NEC competition.....totally apples/oranges.

This game will not be close.

I am hoping the Bison coaches put the foot on the gas pedal and do not take it off the whole game. We play better at home and this is our 1st playoff game in the FFD. Bison players will be ready to make a statement.

Bison win this easily.

What he said ^. To me those numbers are about as transparent as their record itself - yeah, 8-2 is good but against far inferior competition you can't draw much from it.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    18.3/game against NEC competition.....totally apples/oranges.

This game will not be close.

I am hoping the Bison coaches put the foot on the gas pedal and do not take it off the whole game. We play better at home and this is our 1st playoff game in the FFD. Bison players will be ready to make a statement.

Bison win this easily.
    Again, I hope you are all right. There are not enough facts in evidence to make me think the Bison offense will operate at such a high level. Two TDs a game is not going to scare any team, not even one from the NEC.

the ncaa.com homepage has a preview of the game on saturday

Just win Bison++++
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    A really good analysis and a great perspective. Thanks for looking this stuff up.

The only flaw, this offense has only scored a total of 23 touchdowns, a little over 2 a game. You think they are going to score 3X their average in a single game, with either a severely banged up QB running the O or an inexerienced one. I can't wrap my head around that being even remotely possible.

Lost in your analysis is that RMU allows 18.3 pts per game, Bison allow 16.6. They give up 100 yds rushing per game, Bison give up 171. Yards allowed passing are a wash between the two teams. RMU has a solid defense and the Bison offense has made dreadful defenses look superb, all you have to do is look at the last game to find evidence of that.

I am not going to buy into the disparity between "us" and "them". If I did, then I would have to agree with the myoptic view of Ohio State's President who just lambasted TCU and Boise State for not being worthy of playing for the national championship. Until the Bison prove to me they can score points, I personally don't see outlandish predictions of the Bison scoring >30 pts/gm as being remotely feasible. Your prediction of 45 is just way over the top, with all due respect. The Bison go from 0 to 45 in seven days? Wow....that would be Superman impressive.

But, I sure as hell hope you are right
    I chose not to bring up the fact that their defense is only allowing 18.3 PPG because of the fact that the average GPI for their competition is #76 while the average for NDSU (factoring in a comperable GPI for Kansas at 15) is #36. That is 40 positions. To suggest that the NDSU and Robert Morris strength of schedules are even in the same solar system would be misleading at best. So, comparing them side by side would be misleading. I figured a more accurate way to judge the Robert Morris team is to focus on how they play on the road. The numbers really didn't impress since they struggled through three quarters on the road against some of the worst teams in the FCS. 9-10 against Wagner after three?!? Give me a break. Any way you slice that one it comes out the same.

I look forward to your critique of our game next week.
    Last edited by Scooter1; 11-25-2010 at 06:35 PM.

Wildcat the whole game, punt block TD, first punt return TD of the year and good D...Herd 17, the other guys 14

This team is capable of beating anyone in the field and also losing to any team in the field.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    This team is capable of beating anyone in the field and also losing to any team in the field.
    The picture will be clearer after Saturday.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!