Page 90 of 355 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I think an indoor stadium built right is an easy $400 million.
    To make it super fancy for sure. My thoughts are we should start basic and upgrade it in time. Start with bench seating. Average sized video boards. Not a ton of brick. As long as the structure is solid no reason why we can't start basic. Heck the Fargodome was as mickey mouse as they come when it was new yet still impressive.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It's not obscelete at all unless we're talking about Big 5 type conference teams. Its as nice as the dome. It's reality that if we want an indoor stadium, we're not going to have all the amenities and it will have to be basic. Beggers can't be choosers. We can do upgrads in time. With a dome we can grow the fan base. Without one we struggle just to gain back the Fairweather fans we lose from shitty weather.
    Bot if it wasn't obsolete why would they want to build something new? It looks a lot like the Metrodome, wouldn't be shocked if it had the same issues.

Clearly they don't want more seats or need them since they are going smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Couldn't Agri-Cover in Jamestown just build a huge-ass roll tarp for the roof?
    And we could use old heated car seats wired in.
    The school up north is getting a stadium with a retractable roof. We need one too. I'm too old to sit outside
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

To make it super fancy for sure. My thoughts are we should start basic and upgrade it in time. Start with bench seating. Average sized video boards. Not a ton of brick. As long as the structure is solid no reason why we can't start basic. Heck the Fargodome was as mickey mouse as they come when it was new yet still impressive.
    If you are going indoors you have to spend the money to build it right, otherwise it costs a fortune to retrofit it. That is the problem with an indoor facility, you can go basic outside like SDSU is doing because you can make improvements and expansions without breaking the bank.

Usually with an indoor stadium the only solution is a wrecking ball and starting over if the facility isn't good enough.

Super fancy is actually more like what they are building in Minneapolis. Hopefully, you also understand that the Fargodome isn't going anywhere. The City has zero reason for a completely new facility. Especially one that is built on the cheap. How, exactly, would this new facility compete effectively with the Fargodome?

You forgot the purple. Why would you want bench seating when you didnt like bench seating in the BSA?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Bot if it wasn't obsolete why would they want to build something new? It looks a lot like the Metrodome, wouldn't be shocked if it had the same issues.

Clearly they don't want more seats or need them since they are going smaller.
    Dude your comparing us to Syracuse who competes with facilities in the ACC. Were competing with South Dakota State. They are competing with Miami, Louisville, and Clemson. The Metrodome was fine for football if it was on campus and had wider concourses. It was baseball that sucked

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

This is my favorite Bisonville thread!

533 In a row

Dude your comparing us to Syracuse who competes with facilities in the ACC. Were competing with South Dakota State. They are competing with Miami, Louisville, and Clemson. The Metrodome was fine for football if it was on campus and had wider concourses. It was baseball that sucked
    What if at some point we want to compete with those schools or schools like Boise State, Nevada, Fresno, Tulsa, etc? I do agree that we don't need something like Syrcause has, which costs $500 million. I said something more like $400 million would work. Maybe even $350 million would work.

Winnipeg spent $200 million to make an outdoor stadium that would work for us. That is quoting Jeff Kolpack. Now imagine the costs associated with putting a roof on it, all the concrete and steel. The HVAC...All the extra labor as well.

its a great discussion. a New stadium. Carry on.

YOU DONT NEED $200 MILLION FOR A NEW OUTDOOR STADIUM!

See Tulane, Texas State, heck remember Wyoming? that's all we need,
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?