Page 5 of 355 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Dome Upgrades

duluthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    http://www.wday.com/pages/archive6

News about the paving the rear tialgate lot for the 2012 season. Dave Piepkorn
    and Rob Sobolik. About he 24:30 mark of tonight's 6 pm newscast.

They said the lights are being installed right now, and the turf for next year also.

They voted to approve it today.
    New turf goes in June of 2012!
    North Dakota State Bison | 16 Time National Champions:
    1965, 1968, 1969, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019

Proud NDSU Alumnus | Class of 2011

As long as they do not rid of us of the rain forest for usage. I was planning on asking them how much it would be to buy a squared off section in there for the season since one pass gets us basically unlimited space.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    As long as they do not rid of us of the rain forest for usage. I was planning on asking them how much it would be to buy a squared off section in there for the season since one pass gets us basically unlimited space.
    I would suggest that you make contact now. They mentioned an are for RV to plug in for electricity so they did not have to run a generator. I hope they do not mess it all up.

Can't wait to see pics of the new lighting!! Hopefully the Dome will be a lot brighter inside for games.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    According to the site plan the rain forest remains? At least they show the separation between the west side and east side with trees, assuming they wouldn't take out the existing ones just to plant new ones?

I'd assume that the western half-row of trees would be removed to leave a single row. That's just a guess, however. It would be nice to see them plant a bunch of new trees to help fill out the northern end of the tree row to replace the trees that have been lost due to the weather. Check out the satellite image in Google Maps to see for yourself.

they show 2 rows... but that's probably because the architect/engineer was just showing it to indicate they were there not actually what was going to take place as that would require some clearing and landscaping which was not bid in this at all. It probably will be more clear next year when they come out with the paving plan that will indicate what they are going to do for the parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    they show 2 rows... but that's probably because the architect/engineer was just showing it to indicate they were there not actually what was going to take place as that would require some clearing and landscaping which was not bid in this at all. It probably will be more clear next year when they come out with the paving plan that will indicate what they are going to do for the parking lot.
    Is this drawing available on the internet or did you see it on paper somewhere?

It's online at the builder's exchange, which you have to be a member to access the content (or my employer as in my case). I've attached it hopefully it comes through good enough.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    It's online at the builder's exchange, which you have to be a member to access the content (or my employer as in my case). I've attached it hopefully it comes through good enough.
    Well, that makes it pretty clear that the rainforest area is going to be expanded. You mentioned this before, but the only problem might be that they tear out most or all of the existing trees to plant two new rows in the same locations. That would put the rainforest out of commission for many years until the new trees matured. Hopefully they will use a light touch in thinning out the current trees. On the plus side, it looks like the northern end of the tree rows will be getting a lot of reinforcement. Thanks for posting the image.

BTW, I assume those arched lines indicate how the light poles are to be wired? I can't make out the text.