Page 352 of 355 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    The origin of that napkin was a bisonville lunch meeting at the Turf about 10 years ago.
    I just watched the glass onion... Fate is speaking to me but I don't know what it is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    i got totally shit on in my rep and PM's for saying upgrades were in the works in the FBS thread..its a great concept, anyone in building knows drawings vs final build varies. but good to see it finally going thru
    Check neg rep!
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVifte View Post
    I think it was used when they have it set up for basketball.
    Won't they need it for hockey games that take up more floor space than basketball? I seem to recall there was plumbing placed under the north end for ice although I don't think the cooling equipment was ever installed.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Another year, another surplus of 105k. Almost a half million attendance. Impressive given one of the larger shows cancelled their tour. Its fair to say the dome has recovered from covid

2023 has some huge shows too. Motley Crue/Def Leppard/ Alice Cooper, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Pink, Shania Twain and Parker McCollum. WWE and Monster Jam

The expansion plans should be coming any week now. They said "in the coming weeks" and that was on Jan 20th

With most weekends booked for 2023, its fair to say a convention / conference center would be used heavily

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Still waiting for the long awaited announcement on the Fargodome upgrades. Wow, if this was a private sector business it would have already failed for the 5 to 10 years it took to finally respond to facility needs. Now it takes months to make an announcement after putting together their super secret improvement plans. Prepare to be underwhelmed.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Still waiting for the long awaited announcement on the Fargodome upgrades. Wow, if this was a private sector business it would have already failed for the 5 to 10 years it took to finally respond to facility needs. Now it takes months to make an announcement after putting together their super secret improvement plans. Prepare to be underwhelmed.
    Wasn't there supposed to be a big announcement 2 or 3 weeks ago?
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Maybe the press release for it went to the same distribution service as Dave Richman last two contract extensions???

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    It's starting to annoy me now. Piepkorn mentioned it in August. 5 months later the Mayor mentioned it. The next city commission meeting will have been a month.

If they wait too long, Mike Williams or Tony Gehrig may be back in office and they wont have enough votes lol

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Maybe the press release for it went to the same distribution service as Dave Richman last two contract extensions???
    This would have also worked without purple, fwiw…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Heard a guy who would have reason to know (on FM EDC Board) say the proposal is convention space and 'dome upgrades (enough lavatories!) for a price that may exceed $120 million. The design proposal problem is tight parking just got even more cramped if you add building footprint. And it doesn't add seats to the 'dome. And there's nowhere for an attached hotel (as that would put parking down to none).

Fargo doesn't have a true hotel + convention center complex and it should have one.
    Bismarck? The Bismarck (formerly Ramkota) Hotel should be razed. The building inspectors out there must have seeing-eye dogs.

The best true hotel + convention center complex in the State still is the Canad Inn/Alerus Center.