Page 347 of 355 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I think they are solid. Wish they let a craft beer company in like Drekker or Fargo Brewing. They said they will add more as the season goes along
    At the food truck it’s really hit or miss. Had it last week and the guy cooking was no bueno.

And IMO their mac and cheese is painfully bland. I’ve given Mac Daddies all the chances I’m willing to do.

Thank God the dome didn't descent into Sodom and Gomorrah today with the alcohol sales. We really dodged a bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Thank God the dome didn't descent into Sodom and Gomorrah today with the alcohol sales. We really dodged a bullet.
    Sobolik said his preliminary and unofficial numbers show the dome sold 4,100 units of alcohol. At $8 each, that would be $32,800 in revenue. That was about one quarter of the dome's overall sales Saturday, Sobolik said.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Sobolik said his preliminary and unofficial numbers show the dome sold 4,100 units of alcohol. At $8 each, that would be $32,800 in revenue. That was about one quarter of the dome's overall sales Saturday, Sobolik said.
    The dome will probably end up close to around 300k in beer sales I would think for the regular season? And NDSU gets 30kish or so from that?
    Good for the dome and the fans, not so much for NDSU. I guess we can pay 3 kids to work at the campus post office with that money.
    The 15% offer that the dome gave was such a low ball number, but I guess NDSU really didn't have any bargaining power.
    Part of not owning the stadium you play in I guess.

99% of that may have been sold by the middle of the 2nd quarter since very few people stuck around for the whole game.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    The dome will probably end up close to around 300k in beer sales I would think for the regular season? And NDSU gets 30kish or so from that?
    Good for the dome and the fans, not so much for NDSU. I guess we can pay 3 kids to work at the campus post office with that money.
    The 15% offer that the dome gave was such a low ball number, but I guess NDSU really didn't have any bargaining power.
    Part of not owning the stadium you play in I guess.
    The better off the dome is financially is a win for NDSU. They use it to grow the surplus and drive improvements

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I see a cupsnake was started at the game. Hold onto your butts when it catches on and grows to a point one game to where the tea toddlers see it and start thumping their prohibitionist Bibles.

I'm not sure I would complain too much about the dome making most of the concession profits. The base rent NDSU pays the dome is $165,000 for 55 days of use in a year. NDSU gets all of the ticket revenue minus 50 cents for each ticket. How much would you guess it would cost NDSU annually to maintain a stadium it owned? I don't know that answer, but it would be multiples of the annual rental cost.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I'm not sure I would complain too much about the dome making most of the concession profits. The base rent NDSU pays the dome is $165,000 for 55 days of use in a year. NDSU gets all of the ticket revenue minus 50 cents for each ticket. How much would you guess it would cost NDSU annually to maintain a stadium it owned? I don't know that answer, but it would be multiples of the annual rental cost.
    I'm guessing NDSU would make alot more money. Which is why every team ever has their own stadium if they can help it.
    Not only would they get the concession money, they would also get parking fees, tailgating fees, and the BIG ONE....100% of the SPONSOR FEES for naming rights, marketing during games, etc...Naming rights is massive, which is why every stadium in existence has a super dumb ass corporate name.

Also, you can control everything and not rely on other people or have to talk with them for 2 years to get anything done.
    Not to mention, if NDSU had their own stadium, it would probably be a dome, so they can hold concerts, conferences, etc during the off season....money and such.

Owning the stadium is way better than renting one. Which is why 99.9% of colleges have their own stadium. If it's not better, then everyone else is doing it wrong I guess.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I'm guessing NDSU would make alot more money. Which is why every team ever has their own stadium if they can help it.
    Not only would they get the concession money, they would also get parking fees, tailgating fees, and the BIG ONE....100% of the SPONSOR FEES for naming rights, marketing during games, etc...Naming rights is massive, which is why every stadium in existence has a super dumb ass corporate name.

Also, you can control everything and not rely on other people or have to talk with them for 2 years to get anything done.
    Not to mention, if NDSU had their own stadium, it would probably be a dome, so they can hold concerts, conferences, etc during the off season....money and such.

Owning the stadium is way better than renting one. Which is why 99.9% of colleges have their own stadium. If it's not better, then everyone else is doing it wrong I guess.
    Other than covid times, the Fargodome has been in the black every. single. year. since they opened. That's basically unheard of for venues. Maybe 99% of the others are doing it otherwise, but maybe we hit the golden formula. A lot of venues are heavily politicized. State funding for the Carrier Dome for Syracuse was basically a bribe by incumbent NY politicians to get votes. No way the school could have afforded it themselves. Hawaii's Aloha stadium was recently condemned for lack of maintenance and their FB team is playing on their women's soccer field.
    Venue concession economics aren't simple. Yeah, they look overpriced but you have to remember they're exceedingly low volume, and therefore need high margin. They might have high sales per hour, but only operate a few hours a week.