Page 343 of 355 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    NDSU does or did own a nice track of land NW of the Dome.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Aren't you the one that gives PL shit for his memes? Man, you have a gif for every occasion. It's like you spend all your time on the internet...

(Just messing with you...)

(Kinda...)
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Aren't you the one that gives PL shit for his memes? Man, you have a gif for every occasion. It's like you spend all your time on the internet...

(Just messing with you...)

(Kinda...)
    I did that one for TAB's benefit if you must know.

If PAT ever drops a Monty Python meme at an opportune time, then I'll be impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

In all seriousness, the only legitimate spot for a new stadium is along 19th Ave N to the west on some of that ag land. Or really far south, like 64th Ave, which doesn't make lot of sense to have a stadium off campus.
    Put it as far west as the sheep barns on 19th and it would be the exact same longitude as Toyota Stadium in Frisco.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Between 2nd and 4th. (between NP and 1st) You would have to remove a block of 1st Ave and the Library but it could fit. You would also have to buy 2 city blocks of buildings. (nothing super awesome there now) You would have to build a parking ramp where the civic center was and then build a new library on the Mid America Steel site

The spot you pointed out would require us to buy and tear down the Forum and the the building it's connected to and remove a few blocks of 1st Ave..

The dome dome is wider than the space between NP and 1st so one of those streets needs to go or be rerouted.

Parking would definitely be an issue

Both are possible but expensive AF

Yeah, that building just to the east of the Forum building would be fairly expensive to replace all of the leased fiber that originates there. Like Mega Millions expensive.

Beyond that, it would require a site at least 550' on each side, unless we're just building a current Fargodome replacement with the crowded concourse, bathrooms, lack of 5Gs, etc.

Shifting it to between 1st Ave N and the Main Ave railroad tracks has some potential. NP would be cutoff which would be stupid as it's a downtown arterial road with a bridge to Moorhead, but there had been talks of relocating the Matbus GTC which would free up most of that area. Of course, it also would take up a crapload of surface lots, so looks like 19th is the best option.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Put it as far west as the sheep barns on 19th and it would be the exact same longitude as Toyota Stadium in Frisco.
    Yabut with helium balloon supports we could FLY it to the same latitude as Frisco.

Ha! How quaint! You peasants brought your football team to Frisco. We brought our entire stadium! (Of course we need to get past that no beer rule first)
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A couple/three decades ago, Los Angeles was without an NFL team. In order to lure a new team, someone (I think the city??) issued an announcement for a design competition for a new stadium. They received lots of entries. While not the winner, one of the most interesting proposals was to build a stadium on top of a decommissioned aircraft carrier. The beauty of the concept was that when they lost the team again, they could just float the stadium away with it.

We could do the same but with the balloons. Play our cards right and the stadium could pick us all up at home before the game. Also, we could take it to away games.

Somewhere in this concept is the solution to our FBS conference woes.
    Insert something clever here...

Apparently the CEO of one of the mega architecture firms, the one that did SoFi and the Vikings new palace is an NDSU grad and his wife also an architect is an active alum. So I’m going to relax my armchair on this one. I think when the time comes we’re going to be in good hands.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    Yeah, that building just to the east of the Forum building would be fairly expensive to replace all of the leased fiber that originates there. Like Mega Millions expensive.

Beyond that, it would require a site at least 550' on each side, unless we're just building a current Fargodome replacement with the crowded concourse, bathrooms, lack of 5Gs, etc.

Shifting it to between 1st Ave N and the Main Ave railroad tracks has some potential. NP would be cutoff which would be stupid as it's a downtown arterial road with a bridge to Moorhead, but there had been talks of relocating the Matbus GTC which would free up most of that area. Of course, it also would take up a crapload of surface lots, so looks like 19th is the best option.
    All this discussion leads to the conclusion that Downtown is not practical. Possible, but not practical

I like the idea of doing something along the south side of Main Ave since it's an eyesores. So many run down crappy buildings there that are not historic. But it would make the land on the north side of the tracks more appealing and be closer to downtown.

64th Ave would really spur development. Got the Fargo Sports Complex and Lake Fargo going up out there. But it's way way too far from campus.

The only practical spot is all the NDSU Ag land west of the dome. It's on campus and a ton of spots to choose from. The only negative is there isn't much for services there, so NDSU would have to choose one near a developable plot of land, not owned by NDSU. Or sell some of it to be developed. I don't want to say NDSU has too much land, but we kind of do and it will never even come close to being used. And it's more valuable by the day

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Apparently the CEO of one of the mega architecture firms, the one that did SoFi and the Vikings new palace is an NDSU grad and his wife also an architect is an active alum. So I’m going to relax my armchair on this one. I think when the time comes we’re going to be in good hands.
    Dan Noble. Him and his wife were just featured in the most recent alumni foundation magazine.