Page 338 of 355 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I don't necessarily think it needs to be gutted, but it needs to do many projects in phases.

Rob Sobolik once said the Fargodome is only a few years newer than the Target Center, which has had 3 renovations

Start small with widening the concourses and adding restrooms, vendors and amenities in each corner

Then the wifi, then the press boxes, etc.

Until you get to major projects like a west side addition to add club seating at the top

Then when you do the convention center, make it a priority to do a skyway to the SHAC for huge events. That skyway could be used as vendor space too. NDSU will benefit too by giving students a place to wait in line without freezing to death in December. Student athletes and recruits would love to walk from the Fargodome coaching offices all the way to the SHAC without ever having to step outside on a -30 degree day. Heck if they get a hotel and connect it wirh a skyway, recruits could literally go to a hotel, the dome, and shac without ever stepping outside. Their only exposure would be a 1 minute walk to the IPF.
    Nope....The FFD is getting to the point that we might be throwing good money at a bad idea. Either we (the city/NDSU) go all in on a complete refurb including a new roof, expanded seating to 30-35k, press boxes and mega suites with a skyway to BSA, convention space etc or just let it rot in peace. Dropping few mil here and there is nuts. Keep the money in the bank as a down payment on a new venue.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Nope....The FFD is getting to the point that we might be throwing good money at a bad idea. Either we (the city/NDSU) go all in on a complete refurb including a new roof, expanded seating to 30-35k, press boxes and mega suites with a skyway to BSA, convention space etc or just let it rot in peace. Dropping few mil here and there is nuts. Keep the money in the bank as a down payment on a new venue.
    Your looking at it from a Bison perspective. If a 35k seat indoor stadium will ever be built, its probably a 500-750 million dollar project shared. Reality is there aren't many events the city could attract for something that big. 35k seats is almost 50k for concerts. Minneapolis doesn't get many shows that big. So it would literally get used like 9 days a year, all football

The concert industry is moving towards smaller events. Almost every show in the dome this year is a half house

So there isn't a benefit for the city to build a stadium that big and it doesn't even address the bigger need of a smaller venue or convention space

If you're the city, you have the Fargodome which is paid for, it operates at a profit and it generates $60 million per year in economic impact. It has a 50 million dollar surplus and is built with a 100 year lifespan. Infrastructure is already in the ground. Seems to be the epitome of something that is working

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Seems to be the epitome of something that is working

The pisser wasn't working last time I was in there bro. Water on the floor until they shut the water completely off. Epitome.

Lardsin must go!

Might want to check the plumbing before next fall bros.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    The pisser wasn't working last time I was in there bro. Water on the floor until they shut the water completely off. Epitome.
    I know your joking but that can be fixed for a few hundred bucks, not 3/4 of a billion

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I know your joking but that can be fixed for a few hundred bucks, not 3/4 of a billion
    50 million surplus and they don't even maintain the place. Have they ever fixed the wall in the north west corner concourse? I didn't look this year but it's was an eye sore for multiple years. Guess 49.9 million surplus doesn't sound as good. It's more of the problem then the answer letting the city of Fargo have that money. Whomever gets it or what ever. It's the reason the dome is the dome eh.

Lardsin must go!

I was at that first game in the dome as well. What's changed? Not much. I swear we had green horns(like the purple ones the vikings had) to blow back that in the dome. I thought I had one but it's been lost since. It's almost like a Mandela effect. I can't verify the green horns but it sure seems like a memory. They definitely did the move those chains and I'm pretty sure it was even the same announcer..

Lardsin must go!

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Your looking at it from a Bison perspective. If a 35k seat indoor stadium will ever be built, its probably a 500-750 million dollar project shared. Reality is there aren't many events the city could attract for something that big. 35k seats is almost 50k for concerts. Minneapolis doesn't get many shows that big. So it would literally get used like 9 days a year, all football

The concert industry is moving towards smaller events. Almost every show in the dome this year is a half house

So there isn't a benefit for the city to build a stadium that big and it doesn't even address the bigger need of a smaller venue or convention space

If you're the city, you have the Fargodome which is paid for, it operates at a profit and it generates $60 million per year in economic impact. It has a 50 million dollar surplus and is built with a 100 year lifespan. Infrastructure is already in the ground. Seems to be the epitome of something that is working
    Well ya, the venue is on campus and I am loyal alumni, not a Fargo first guy.

Are you married to, or perhaps are, Arlette Preston? I ask, because these were the same things she said in opposition to even building the Dome. Think 10 years out/out of the box a bit.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Are you married to, or perhaps are, Arlette Preston? I ask, because these were the same things she said in opposition to even building the Dome. Think 10 years out/out of the box a bit.
    Why plan for bigger and better in the future? Seems the younger generations don't give a crap about progress. Just want better video games and smart phones that take better videos for tic tok. The current dome is outdated, lacks real suites, adequate bathrooms and other amenities. It also should be expanded so thousands of cheap seats can be added for those who want to experience Bison FCS football without paying $50 for a seat.