Page 336 of 355 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338346 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    If that is the excuse they are using, it's a terrible one.

8 individual SPL sensors (dB meters) can be had for under $4000. They connect via CAT5e and are capable of running on windows XP or newer PC's. You could put 2 meters at the 50 yard line on each side of the field, 4 at the 10 yard line (each corner) and one in each end zone section. Make it a "competition" to see which section is the loudest on 3rd down (can also have them "average" the SPL between all sections). Have the announcer give a shoutout to whichever section was loudest after a false start penalty and even have some sort of giveaway in the 4th quarter where they have a sponsor give away ice cream to "one lucky row" in that section of the field for the "I Scream Challenge".
    Another thing I've heard (purely anecdotal so don't take it as fact) is many of your service workers in restaurant and retail were working 2nd or 3rd jobs to make extra money. Many chose after things reopened to not work that 2nd or 3rd job which contributed to the shortage. I've also wondered if fewer of the teenagers who normally worked those jobs also choose to not work. They wouldn't be included in most unemployment numbers.

There are a lot of factors that contribute to employment numbers and available workload. These factors are complex and relate in various ways to each other. Simple solutions like "raise minimum wage" will not solve this alone. But keyboard experts think that's all we need to do. I don't know the answer either, but I don't know it's above my pay grade.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

8 individual SPL sensors (dB meters) can be had for under $4000. They connect via CAT5e and are capable of running on windows XP or newer PC's. You could put 2 meters at the 50 yard line on each side of the field, 4 at the 10 yard line (each corner) and one in each end zone section.
    Beat it, nerd.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    We also have another phenomenon. We had a lot of two three income families before the covid. Since they had to tighten their belts and made it through theyve found they can make it on one income. Most of the time half of the second income would go towards day care.
    This is a correct take. I can’t believe what it costs but then again can’t believe they make such little sums taking care of children

We went to Franks last week. A guy behind us told the waitress to put a 20 towards the tab. Then proceeded to yell across the place that he wanted his change because it was to just go toward one round of drinks. And kept yelling and talking loudly about how bad the waitress was. I think maybe he and his friends kept talking to justify being asses. Why would someone work there for tips and put up with that? ( I sure hope it wasn’t someone on here )
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    This is a correct take. I can’t believe what it costs but then again can’t believe they make such little sums taking care of children

We went to Franks last week. A guy behind us told the waitress to put a 20 towards the tab. Then proceeded to yell across the place that he wanted his change because it was to just go toward one round of drinks. And kept yelling and talking loudly about how bad the waitress was. I think maybe he and his friends kept talking to justify being asses. Why would someone work there for tips and put up with that?
    My Mom is up for X-mas. 90 years old. She was kind of questioning all of the child tax credits and the proposal for free day care etc. She worked her whole life. She said when we were young that half her money went to the sitters. She couldnt believe that some think the govt should pay for it. When in reality we are paying for it.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    My Mom is up for X-mas. 90 years old. She was kind of questioning all of the child tax credits and the proposal for free day care etc. She worked her whole life. She said when we were young that half her money went to the sitters. She couldnt believe that some think the govt should pay for it. When in reality we are paying for it.
    This is true
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

8 individual SPL sensors (dB meters) can be had for under $4000. They connect via CAT5e and are capable of running on windows XP or newer PC's. You could put 2 meters at the 50 yard line on each side of the field, 4 at the 10 yard line (each corner) and one in each end zone section. Make it a "competition" to see which section is the loudest on 3rd down (can also have them "average" the SPL between all sections). Have the announcer give a shoutout to whichever section was loudest after a false start penalty and even have some sort of giveaway in the 4th quarter where they have a sponsor give away ice cream to "one lucky row" in that section of the field for the "I Scream Challenge".

This is absolutely GENIUS!!!!!!

Well, Daktronics is based in Brookings SD, so they probably designed in some “screw NDSU” functionality

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    Well, Daktronics is based in Brookings SD, so they probably designed in some “screw NDSU” functionality
    IMO the "Screw with NDSU" factor started when Daktronics moved the scoreboard operations crew OUT of the stadium and into the outer wall of the concourse. They're big but that's mostly advertising these days.

I would have used the North Press Box. It could have been fitted with all the monitors and gadgets they have now but at least they could have someone watching the field and telling them when they haven't started/stopped the clock, flip the words for the song or what the ref it trying to tell them.

IF there was ever a future expansion...then move the control room.
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Dome is starting to rebound in concerts and shows and should end being profitable again this year, without the help of grants. Although 3 of these were rescheduled from 2020. Slipknot, Shinedown, Elton John, Greta Van Fleet, Mercy Me, and Toby Mac.

Monster Jam and WWE returned. Regular events like the Home Show, Boat Show, Sportsman Show, Rodeo, Fargo Marathon and the El Zagel Shriner Circus are back. A few Theater Shows have returned. Rib Fest as well.

And another month goes by and still no discussion, plans or talks about upgrades at the latest Fargodome Authority Meeting.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Dome is starting to rebound in concerts and shows and should end being profitable again this year, without the help of grants. Although 3 of these were rescheduled from 2020. Slipknot, Shinedown, Elton John, Greta Van Fleet, Mercy Me, and Toby Mac.

Monster Jam and WWE returned. Regular events like the Home Show, Boat Show, Sportsman Show, Rodeo, Fargo Marathon and the El Zagel Shriner Circus are back. A few Theater Shows have returned. Rib Fest as well.

And another month goes by and still no discussion, plans or talks about upgrades at the latest Fargodome Authority Meeting.
    Perhaps they are waiting for football ticket requests to be returned. I received one this week. Pretty general in nature. But having them take no action probably means another year at least.