Page 335 of 355 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Did the past charters only fly down for friday night and the sat game?
    No. They were thu return sun. However they haven't had 3 for a lot of years. Last year's single flight was not sold out.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    No. They were thu return sun.
    I'll have you know I did my community service with pride and great effort.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    No. They were thu return sun. However they haven't had 3 for a lot of years. Last year's single flight was not sold out.
    I was just going by info from the WDAY interview and he said they used to have 3 charters now 1. So its probably more of a cost issue than anything. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    I was just going by info from the WDAY interview and he said they used to have 3 charters now 1. So its probably more of a cost issue than anything. Thanks
    They had 3 the first year and maybe some after. I have taken the charter twice, both times there was only 1.

This year is the first year it is coming back Saturday. That may impact it. I would also say that Covid is having an impact on any attendance. I know of several who are passing on home games due to age or health concerns. Leaving the area is a not even an option.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    So Hardee's was closed after the game, went to IHOP this morning but never ate there. Tables empty waiting area packed. The excuse was no staff. Has the population shrunk that much in Fargo? Where did all these workers go? I'm starting to think they aren't coming back.
    Overall we (the USA) saw between 3 and 4 million baby boomers leave the workplace, most of them permanently. This caused a vacuum that created job opportunities that flat out didn't exist 18 months earlier for many younger workers. Add to that many food service workers (that stayed somewhat in that industry) opted to work for Uber Eats, Doordash, etc... instead of dealing with ungrateful/rude customers in person. There are almost 18,000 job opportunities just in ND (I've heard about 7000 in Fargo, but can't confirm). Fargo has a 1.8% unemployment rate and grew by about 2000 people (just Fargo... others in the metro are growing at a similar pace proportionate to their size) since last year.

we need a room for Kevin's wet dreams.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDGooch View Post
    Can we please get the decibel meter back on the big screen? It looks really tacky that some guy is holding it. Yea I get, new scoreboards, Daktronics screwed something up with the old one we used to have. But Daktronics is a pretty big and smart company, and I am sure they could figure something out. If they can do it as US Bank with Daktronics equipment, I am pretty sure they could do it in Fargo. I am pretty sure it would even allow NDSU to sell another sponsorship.
    If that is the excuse they are using, it's a terrible one.

8 individual SPL sensors (dB meters) can be had for under $4000. They connect via CAT5e and are capable of running on windows XP or newer PC's. You could put 2 meters at the 50 yard line on each side of the field, 4 at the 10 yard line (each corner) and one in each end zone section. Make it a "competition" to see which section is the loudest on 3rd down (can also have them "average" the SPL between all sections). Have the announcer give a shoutout to whichever section was loudest after a false start penalty and even have some sort of giveaway in the 4th quarter where they have a sponsor give away ice cream to "one lucky row" in that section of the field for the "I Scream Challenge".

Default Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    If that is the excuse they are using, it's a terrible one.

8 individual SPL sensors (dB meters) can be had for under $4000. They connect via CAT5e and are capable of running on windows XP or newer PC's. You could put 2 meters at the 50 yard line on each side of the field, 4 at the 10 yard line (each corner) and one in each end zone section. Make it a "competition" to see which section is the loudest on 3rd down (can also have them "average" the SPL between all sections). Have the announcer give a shoutout to whichever section was loudest after a false start penalty and even have some sort of giveaway in the 4th quarter where they have a sponsor give away ice cream to "one lucky row" in that section of the field for the "I Scream Challenge".
    LOVE IT!!! Hang the mics from the ceiling though so the sidelines have less impact.

Great idea I think!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    we need a room for Kevin's wet dreams.
    Yep yours pretty much takes up any and all available space.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    Overall we (the USA) saw between 3 and 4 million baby boomers leave the workplace, most of them permanently. This caused a vacuum that created job opportunities that flat out didn't exist 18 months earlier for many younger workers. Add to that many food service workers (that stayed somewhat in that industry) opted to work for Uber Eats, Doordash, etc... instead of dealing with ungrateful/rude customers in person. There are almost 18,000 job opportunities just in ND (I've heard about 7000 in Fargo, but can't confirm). Fargo has a 1.8% unemployment rate and grew by about 2000 people (just Fargo... others in the metro are growing at a similar pace proportionate to their size) since last year.
    We also have another phenomenon. We had a lot of two three income families before the covid. Since they had to tighten their belts and made it through theyve found they can make it on one income. Most of the time half of the second income would go towards day care.
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 12-25-2021 at 10:32 PM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."