Page 334 of 355 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Naia juco

The naia was in great falls

Lardsin must go!

I know it is college football and tradition of half time band show. Congrats to all that play in the band. THank you for that. But could the FM Acro team perform once in awhile during big games for something different. Maybe they can not because of the turf, I do not know. They can set up and tear down during half time of a hoops game. Why not football.
    PS they will be at the UND NDSU mens BB game tonight.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    This year food stamps went up to 800 dollars a month for a family of four. Unemployment is still a thing. Heating assistance, medical assistance, rental assistance, free child care, and so much more. You would have to be a damn idiot to work when people pay you not to. Raise wages all you want and these people are not going back to work. I know quite a few of them.
    Or a person of character. I can't imagine how worthless it would feel to sit around as an able person, forcing others to take care of you because you are lazy.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    RE: concessions: there's a reason they rely on volunteer groups. How many events require a significant staffing for concessions? One or two a month? That's not a job anyone can rely on, even as a second job.
    My sister used to work concessions when the Fargodome first opened just to earn a few extra dollars once in a while even though she had a full time job at the VA as a nurse. Plus, you can hear the concerts OK from the concessions so it was like getting free concert tickets along with a paycheck.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Maybe they already do it and I just haven’t noticed it but I don’t understand why the dome and athletics can’t work out an agreement to pay student workers to help with any staffing shortages?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUbetcha View Post
    Maybe they already do it and I just haven’t noticed it but I don’t understand why the dome and athletics can’t work out an agreement to pay student workers to help with any staffing shortages?
    If it could be University sanctioned maybe it could even be work study.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    If it could be University sanctioned maybe it could even be work study.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Yeah that’s a good point. It’s an option that should at least be considered.

Just throwing this out there, as the Dome persay may not be the issue, only part. Team makers has sponsored 3 charters to Frisco in the past. This year
    they are only sponsoring 1 charter, and last I heard (may have sold out by now) was 20 short of the 110 needed.

I don't this issues at the Fargodome can be associated to the Frisco Charter.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Just throwing this out there, as the Dome persay may not be the issue, only part. Team makers has sponsored 3 charters to Frisco in the past. This year
    they are only sponsoring 1 charter, and last I heard (may have sold out by now) was 20 short of the 110 needed.

Did the past charters only fly down for friday night and the sat game?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post

Heard from an older lady who sits behind me at basketball games that covid is a concern for their generation which usually make up the majority of the charter group. Not really much can be done about that if it's part of what's keep attendence at the dome and the charters down.