Page 331 of 355 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I think there is a little truth to that. Also I think society as a whole has gotten really soft. Everyone has been brainwashed into thinking the only way you can earn a living is sitting at a desk with 9-5 hours.

But let's face it, these jobs pay dick and with the rising cost of inflation, which mainly hits the poor, it's like working for peanuts. Even with wage increases, that barely covers inflation. I think some of these jobs have flat out become unsustainable and I don't think restaurants will look the same in 10 years as they do today. Robots and automation will simply take over. Kids now make as much money on You Tube as they would working a crappy part time job.
    Yep. The only people that have consistently worked those jobs previously have been young (16-21) and semi-retired. Both of which are often doing it for extra spending money, but not necessarily to be a major source of income. It masked the "crappy" aspect of those jobs for a long time until the pandemic came along and then they became "front line" workers at that really crappy pay. Many said no thanks and haven't returned. I would agree, the restaurant/hospitality industries are going to have to evolve quickly in order to compete in this new world.

Can we please get the decibel meter back on the big screen? It looks really tacky that some guy is holding it. Yea I get, new scoreboards, Daktronics screwed something up with the old one we used to have. But Daktronics is a pretty big and smart company, and I am sure they could figure something out. If they can do it as US Bank with Daktronics equipment, I am pretty sure they could do it in Fargo. I am pretty sure it would even allow NDSU to sell another sponsorship.
    2021 Bisonville Masters Pool Champion

Quote Originally Posted by NDGooch View Post
    Can we please get the decibel meter back on the big screen? It looks really tacky that some guy is holding it. Yea I get, new scoreboards, Daktronics screwed something up with the old one we used to have. But Daktronics is a pretty big and smart company, and I am sure they could figure something out. If they can do it as US Bank with Daktronics equipment, I am pretty sure they could do it in Fargo. I am pretty sure it would even allow NDSU to sell another sponsorship.

The handheld one is accurate to where it is being held

The animated meter on the video board was fake. I remember once we were up by 50 and nobody was left and they were barely cheering and it kept going up to 110.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Does the Fargodome use employees or volunteer groups due concession stands. Most of them here in Indy are volunteer groups for fundraising. My son's robotics team has looked into it and for the last 2 Colts home games there were several booths open to work. I'm not sure if they'll fun those with temp employees or leave them closed. Not quite the same as the employee shortage but similar issue.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    What are they going to fundraise for now? It isn't like any school groups aren't going on any trips.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Dome concessions are staffed by nonprofits for fundraising. Not sure why they are having so much trouble getting groups to work. Maybe some of these groups have covid policies, maybe they found other ways to fundraise when dome events were shut down last year.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    So Hardee's was closed after the game, went to IHOP this morning but never ate there. Tables empty waiting area packed. The excuse was no staff. Has the population shrunk that much in Fargo? Where did all these workers go? I'm starting to think they aren't coming back.
    Lots of fast food restaurants close at 7:00 PM and don’t open for breakfast some days. I think wages are high enough that people don’t need two minimum wage jobs to pay the bills now.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Lots of fast food restaurants close at 7:00 PM and don’t open for breakfast some days. I think wages are high enough that people don’t need two minimum wage jobs to pay the bills now.
    You think $12/he is high enough that people only need one shitty job?

Or that people have main jobs that pay decent enough so they don't have to work the $12/he shitty job part time?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    You think $12/he is high enough that people only need one shitty job?

Or that people have main jobs that pay decent enough so they don't have to work the $12/he shitty job part time?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Lots of place pay $15/hr which is twice the minimum wage which was the starting rate for fast food when I was in college in the late 80s.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I'm paying farmhands $20/hr. Time and a half over 40 hrs. And a gas allowance. No other benefits. They rarely get overtime. Basically just in the spring and the fall. Audit said I don't pay enough.

Lardsin must go!

Increase minimum and other similar wages and watch/experience prices going up, resulting in no one’s living wage go up, but I only took economics 101.

At airports, they scan and look at tickets before you go through detectors. At NDSU football games, they stand that on their heads. Brilliant.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.