Page 330 of 355 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I have not bought food in many years at the dome with the exception of those almonds. I buy a diet dew and go to my seat. Food is terrible....
    I rarely buy any food there, mostly popcorn for kids maybe a hot dog if they skipped lunch or something. (not counting the cold stone and dippin dots since they're somewhat separate entity than the "concession" stand fare that the kids "need" to have or they will pass out on the way up to our seats). Not paying those $ for that junk. I have a hard enough time justifying my own grocery bill sometimes in my head! Plus I get perturbed at the people running the concessions, still think it should be like 2 lines work outside in and have 2-4 people grabbing the items from your order after you pay. (then you could take care of 1/2 of the concourse issue by having lines snake out beside the window instead of straight out from it. Instead you have the cashier filling up pop glasses and always seems like there is one schmuck standing around not sure what he/she should be doing perhaps supervisor I guess?? sometimes doesn't seem like they would be old enough to be though.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    So Hardee's was closed after the game, went to IHOP this morning but never ate there. Tables empty waiting area packed. The excuse was no staff. Has the population shrunk that much in Fargo? Where did all these workers go? I'm starting to think they aren't coming back.
    The population is booming. Labor shortage isn't exclusively a Fargo issue. It's national. It's like duh, they shut restaurants down or limited capacity due to covid and the workers went out and found other jobs and careers. What did they think they would wait forever for a shitty food job? For a while, people were getting more on federal covid unemployment (combined with state) than the were making at their jobs. Then you got the moms who had to choose between their kids going to school online and working. They just left the labor market. Throw in inflation due to unlimited money printing and no wonder these jobs can't be filled. The government created the problem and it's getting to the point where they have almost made the jobs obsolete. Especially with the evolution of smart phone deliveries.

Other smaller factors include a declining college population. Those young college kids fill part time jobs.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I’m all for forced boomer labor btw.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The population is booming. Labor shortage isn't exclusively a Fargo issue. It's national. It's like duh, they shut restaurants down or limited capacity due to covid and the workers went out and found other jobs and careers. What did they think they would wait forever for a shitty food job? For a while, people were getting more on federal covid unemployment (combined with state) than the were making at their jobs. Then you got the moms who had to choose between their kids going to school online and working. They just left the labor market. Throw in inflation due to unlimited money printing and no wonder these jobs can't be filled. The government created the problem and it's getting to the point where they have almost made the jobs obsolete. Especially with the evolution of smart phone deliveries.

Other smaller factors include a declining college population. Those young college kids fill part time jobs.
    Could some of it be business getting covid money and not wanting to show a huge profit and pay high taxes so they just close or do enough business to get by and then blame a worker shortage instead of just saying they got to much covid money?

Yes I realize this is getting shutdown. Sorry.

Lardsin must go!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

Does the Fargodome use employees or volunteer groups due concession stands. Most of them here in Indy are volunteer groups for fundraising. My son's robotics team has looked into it and for the last 2 Colts home games there were several booths open to work. I'm not sure if they'll fun those with temp employees or leave them closed. Not quite the same as the employee shortage but similar issue.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Seems like more high schools in Fargo not less. Do 16 year olds not work anymore? Do mommy and daddy pay for everything?

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Seems like more high schools in Fargo not less. Do 16 year olds not work anymore? Do mommy and daddy pay for everything?
    they be home doing the tik tok beeeatch!
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Does the Fargodome use employees or volunteer groups due concession stands. Most of them here in Indy are volunteer groups for fundraising. My son's robotics team has looked into it and for the last 2 Colts home games there were several booths open to work. I'm not sure if they'll fun those with temp employees or leave them closed. Not quite the same as the employee shortage but similar issue.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Not sure on the concessions but I watched a Fargodome Authority video on You Tube and they said they've raised temp labor wages by 30% and they still can't get enough people.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...sis-child-care

There are numerous reasons for the decline in labor participation rates. Some of them were occurring prior to the pandemic but based on what I have read the pandemic sped it up. Older generations retiring earlier than anticipated and no longer working part time to keep themselves busy. Younger generations not participating part time in the work force as much as in the past due to added commitments in extra curriculars and also parents paying for more things than in previous generations. Automation making some jobs redundant and also making some people under qualified for the open positions. I also think that the younger generations are less willing to upset their work-life balance than the older generations. I don't say that with the intent of bad mouthing the younger generations either. In my opinion they have seen corporate America put so much emphasis on profits for the sake of the stock market and less emphasis on employee relationships and retention that it is very difficult for them to trust the corporate world. They are unwilling to give any more than the minimum of what is asked of them because they don't think they will get a ROI for that extra effort. It isn't uncommon for a retiring person to be replaced by two people when they fill his/her role because they were willing to consistently put in 50-60 hours a week and the new hires are not. Corporate America is reaping a bit of what they have sown over the past 4 decades.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...sis-child-care

There are numerous reasons for the decline in labor participation rates. Some of them were occurring prior to the pandemic but based on what I have read the pandemic sped it up. Older generations retiring earlier than anticipated and no longer working part time to keep themselves busy. Younger generations not participating part time in the work force as much as in the past due to added commitments in extra curriculars and also parents paying for more things than in previous generations. Automation making some jobs redundant and also making some people under qualified for the open positions. I also think that the younger generations are less willing to upset their work-life balance than the older generations. I don't say that with the intent of bad mouthing the younger generations either. In my opinion they have seen corporate America put so much emphasis on profits for the sake of the stock market and less emphasis on employee relationships and retention that it is very difficult for them to trust the corporate world. They are unwilling to give any more than the minimum of what is asked of them because they don't think they will get a ROI for that extra effort. It isn't uncommon for a retiring person to be replaced by two people when they fill his/her role because they were willing to consistently put in 50-60 hours a week and the new hires are not. Corporate America is reaping a bit of what they have sown over the past 4 decades.
    I think there is a little truth to that. Also I think society as a whole has gotten really soft. Everyone has been brainwashed into thinking the only way you can earn a living is sitting at a desk with 9-5 hours.

But let's face it, these jobs pay dick and with the rising cost of inflation, which mainly hits the poor, it's like working for peanuts. Even with wage increases, that barely covers inflation. I think some of these jobs have flat out become unsustainable and I don't think restaurants will look the same in 10 years as they do today. Robots and automation will simply take over. Kids now make as much money on You Tube as they would working a crappy part time job.