Page 329 of 355 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    The closed concession stands could be the overall worker shortage. Lots of restaurants are closing early, opening late, or closed some days.
    Worker shortage = wage shortage.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    The closed concession stands could be the overall worker shortage. Lots of restaurants are closing early, opening late, or closed some days.
    So Hardee's was closed after the game, went to IHOP this morning but never ate there. Tables empty waiting area packed. The excuse was no staff. Has the population shrunk that much in Fargo? Where did all these workers go? I'm starting to think they aren't coming back.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Hamburgers? Where the F did you find hamburgers? There haven't been hamburgers in the dome for weeks. More than half the concessions were closed again for the biggest game of the year. They haven't had even ketchup or mustard out for the hot dogs the last three games. It's a total disgrace.

Bought a cheeseburger by section 16, wasnt very good though

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I pumped that empty ketchup bottle so hard bros. Even gave it one last extra hard pump and a "fuck"

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I pumped that empty ketchup bottle so hard bros. Even gave it one last extra hard pump and a "fuck"
    You found a ketchup bottle??

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    You found a ketchup bottle??

And.........had "relations" with it?

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    My experience at the Dome the last 2 weeks has persuaded me that things need to change, and in a hurry.

1000s of people waiting in line to go through detectors well into 1st quarter;

Concession lines, options and service is/are terrible;

Restroom lines during halftime are crazy (and resulted in a half-full Dome for JMU’s opening, scoring drive to start 3rd Q—>basically took the crowd factor away);

Does not appear anyone is in charge of anything, and no one is monitoring what is going on. The long entrance lines should have been addressed pronto last night, but Nope. There were no supervisors or in-charge people to be found, and the workers could do nothing but status quo.

What’s going on at the Dome for gameday right now is a joke. Things need to changed/improved before next season. NDSU rents Dome for games. NDSU officials/admins had better start the discussion like now.
    Can the city and the dome put together an actual plan. This plan here solves the lack of a west side concourse and adds fancy high donor club seating to the west side. Why would they not consider this?

1) adds bathrooms
    2) adds a lobby to keep people out of the cold and more concourse space
    3) adds premium club seating which is one of biggest issues
    4) adds rooftop patio for weddings and makes another revenue stream
    5) without premium seating, the dome will become obsolete and the cheap version of this will kill the only opportunity for premium seating

This could be phase 1 and phase 2 could be the convention center. The premium and club seating is such a big part of the equation

The city at the very least should allow us to vote on it
    Decide

Of course in the meantime they could do some easy operational fixes but we need to do something

https://www.inforum.com/newsmd/fargo...o-21-5-million

This is from 2015. I like the Multilevel westside addition or the higher end one with the canopy

Lobby addition on west side. Mainly meant for more bathrooms, it would cost $2.8 million and add 12,000 square feet.

Lobby addition with canopy. At 24,000 square feet and an estimated cost of $4.4 million, it would add a roof over Albrecht Boulevard on the dome’s west side that could be shielded from wind with garage doors or something similar. Using radiant heat, it could be used for tailgating, boat shows or agriculture shows. “It’s somewhat climate-controlled additional exterior space,” Sobolik said. When not used, the street would be open to traffic.

Multilevel westside addition. Same concept as the previous two, but the third and fourth levels would be used for club rooms, trade shows and suites, or sky boxes overlooking the arena at an estimated cost of $12.3 million. It would increase dome capacity by 500 to 600 people. “From a revenue standpoint, you’re taking higher donors and moving them up in this area with higher-end amenities,” Sobolik said.

Multilevel westside addition with canopy. The canopy would increase the estimated cost to $13.9 million.
    Westside addition, higher-end version. At an estimated cost of $21.5 million, it would have 5,000 more square feet of banquet space than the current eastside addition. Escalators would be added because of the increased traffic. It includes an outdoor patio. “Now you’re talking about events that would be interesting from the standpoint of maybe weddings and stuff like that,” Stroh said. “It creates a monumental-looking addition.”
    Last edited by HerdBot; 12-19-2021 at 06:53 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Can the city and the dome put together an actual plan. This plan here solves the lack of a west side concourse and adds fancy high donor club seating to the west side. Why would they not consider this?

1) adds bathrooms
    2) adds a lobby to keep people out of the cold and more concourse space
    3) adds premium club seating which is one of biggest issues
    4) adds rooftop patio for weddings and makes another revenue stream
    5) without premium seating, the dome will become obsolete and the cheap version of this will kill the only opportunity for premium seating

This could be phase 1 and phase 2 could be the convention center. The premium and club seating is such a big part of the equation

The city at the very least should allow us to vote on it
    Decide

Of course in the meantime they could do some easy operational fixes but we need to do something

https://www.inforum.com/newsmd/fargo...o-21-5-million

This is from 2015. I like the Multilevel westside addition or the higher end one with the canopy

Lobby addition on west side. Mainly meant for more bathrooms, it would cost $2.8 million and add 12,000 square feet.

Lobby addition with canopy. At 24,000 square feet and an estimated cost of $4.4 million, it would add a roof over Albrecht Boulevard on the dome’s west side that could be shielded from wind with garage doors or something similar. Using radiant heat, it could be used for tailgating, boat shows or agriculture shows. “It’s somewhat climate-controlled additional exterior space,” Sobolik said. When not used, the street would be open to traffic.

Multilevel westside addition. Same concept as the previous two, but the third and fourth levels would be used for club rooms, trade shows and suites, or sky boxes overlooking the arena at an estimated cost of $12.3 million. It would increase dome capacity by 500 to 600 people. “From a revenue standpoint, you’re taking higher donors and moving them up in this area with higher-end amenities,” Sobolik said.

Multilevel westside addition with canopy. The canopy would increase the estimated cost to $13.9 million.
    Westside addition, higher-end version. At an estimated cost of $21.5 million, it would have 5,000 more square feet of banquet space than the current eastside addition. Escalators would be added because of the increased traffic. It includes an outdoor patio. “Now you’re talking about events that would be interesting from the standpoint of maybe weddings and stuff like that,” Stroh said. “It creates a monumental-looking addition.”
    Wheres your Sky Bar??????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Wheres your Sky Bar??????
    This addition would be the same concept as the original sky bar they wanted to put on the south, except it would on the west. It's more of a fancy private club place for big money donors

Rob Sobolik has mentioned party decks in the corners as recently as a few years ago

The article I linked to talked about NE corner addition

"Northeast corner addition. At an estimated cost of $3.5 million, it would add suites on the upper level and more bathrooms at the concourse level. It would increase dome capacity by about 300. “It’s amazing how much of the field you can see from there,” Stroh said. “When you’re talking football, it’s sometimes not so much watching the game as being at the game.”"

But as usual it's all plans but no ACTION . And what frustrates me is the they seemed to scrap these plans which made the most sense

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I have not bought food in many years at the dome with the exception of those almonds. I buy a diet dew and go to my seat. Food is terrible....
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.