Page 325 of 355 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    That's assuming the 80 year old woman and 70 year old man, manning the check point stops them lol

They can't stop me from bringing alcohol into the building

Terrorists ain't going through a metal detector.
    Not going through a metal detector. Right, they probably won’t. That’s a real good reason to keep it outside so they can’t get inside to detonate and incorporate the surrounding glass and construction materials into their device.

Edit: so, seems like every airport I have used in the US is still a soft target for such an individual.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Maybe but we seem to go to extreme lengths to prevent another 9-11 or even another Timothy McVeigh don’t we?

I think the odds of another flying bomb are just about as high as a suicide vest bomber but the results of failure are pretty damned horrific. If you let a bomber get inside before scrutiny then the structure itself becomes a component of the bomb.

There is no danger that I will be in charge of security at any location other than this one is this life time. So you are all safe from my measures. But if I was in charge then I would err on the side of caution and if those above me in the pecking order discounted my concerns I would promptly resign.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    We could lower the risk even further by cancelling the event.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    We could lower the risk even further by cancelling the event.
    Indeed. Love it!

Or just be a little uncomfortable for a few minutes beforehand. Supposed to be ND tough. Right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Indeed. Love it!

Or just be a little uncomfortable for a few minutes beforehand. Supposed to be ND tough. Right?

It's not that it's a big deal or unbearable, it's just that it's unecessary. We've become way too risk averse.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    It's not that it's a big deal or unbearable, it's just that it's unecessary. We've become way too risk averse.
    That’s probably right (first statement). I highly doubt a suicide clown would choose a venue in the Midwest to attack unless it’s some homegrown radicalized knucklehead.

We’ve been focusing on increasing our safety for a long time though. Shoot when I was a kid there was no such thing as a bike helmet or a seat belt, proximity sensor, collision avoidance system, etc, etc. We didn’t have a lot of terror incidents either until that yo-yo climbed up in the bell tower at UT and starting shooting…

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Purple??????
    Not purple, there was all this talk before covid and now there is nothing. Outside of the video boards and I guess the new turf the facility is extremley outdated.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Agreed, but without tying in some sort of expansion, what's the point.
    Maybe they could work in a limited expansion and/or some kind of suite upgrade. Any kind of plan would be nice to see, the concourse, suites, seats and tech(wifi) are all in the sports facility dark ages of stadium design.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Maybe they could work in a limited expansion and/or some kind of suite upgrade. Any kind of plan would be nice to see, the concourse, suites, seats and tech(wifi) are all in the sports facility dark ages of stadium design.
    We supposed to do what exactly with the concourse?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Not purple, there was all this talk before covid and now there is nothing. Outside of the video boards and I guess the new turf the facility is extremley outdated.
    Purple was in regards to your comment about whether it had been discussed. Because it's been beaten like all the other dead horses.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    We supposed to do what exactly with the concourse?
    Expand them obviously, it was part of the last renovation plan released a few years back.

Also PL there is a huge difference between expansion and renovation. A renovation pretty much has to happen if the dome is going to stay competitive with other regional venues.