Page 319 of 355 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Likely isn't happening for another couple years gate city has money on it until 2021-2022 believe they had 10 year agreement. If we hadn't played 2-3 years worth of playoff games on it... Would be about right.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    It still needs to be replaced. At some point it's going to become a hazard to the players. I didn't notice it yesterday but in the ISUr game there was a big rip/seam along the back line of the south endzone… with all the jimmying around they're going to have to do to straight out the yard lines that's probably going to create more of those. I'd guess that they could work out a deal with Gate City Bank to extend their licensing agreement on the field for the lifetime of the new turf by crediting them for the 2-3 years they had already paid for with this old turf.

It went from one of the best turfs to an eyesore very rapidly. There is a reason astro turf the company went broke. At the very least we need to fix it so the lines are straight

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It still needs to be replaced. At some point it's going to become a hazard to the players. I didn't notice it yesterday but in the ISUr game there was a big rip/seam along the back line of the south endzone… with all the jimmying around they're going to have to do to straight out the yard lines that's probably going to create more of those. I'd guess that they could work out a deal with Gate City Bank to extend their licensing agreement on the field for the lifetime of the new turf by crediting them for the 2-3 years they had already paid for with this old turf.
    Don't disagree and possible that could still happen but in the articles about fixing the turf sobolik already indicated they're looking ~2 years out for replacement...

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is it possible to get one of those short-grass looking turfs...sorry those look so sharp and clean to me. But it may not work for constant rolling in and out.

Speaking of rolling out, can the next one be worked out to keep the lines straight...it's kind of embarrassing seeing the only turf on tv with curvy lines especially when ESPN has there virtual lines on top of it. At times there was a good yard gap inbetween the Fargodome lines and the ESPN line mostly at the ends.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wonder if it would ever be possible to do a blank turf except the logo, endzones with a yard buffer (so the painted design would only be 8 yards deep by whatever the width of a football field -2 yards) and the Gate City and Fargodome logos. Then just chalk lines so that this doesn't become an issue with the next rug.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

It kind of looked like it was still there from our seats up in row W. The MSU coaches were sure looking at the turf at the back of the end zone when warmups started

It's OK to not be OK.

The seam in the South endzone had been there all year. The forum article on it basically said that the turf itself was fine, but that it was where the turf connects to the system that rolls it up that's coming apart and that makes it unroll unevenly. When it was really bad mid-season you could see the curve in the yard-lines out to the 35 or 40. They tried a temp fix before the Nicholls game and it was better, but still there. I sat in the endzone instead of sideline Saturday and I couldn't see it. I assume now that there's a few months before it has to come out again they can work on a more permanent fix.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    The seam in the South endzone had been there all year. The forum article on it basically said that the turf itself was fine, but that it was where the turf connects to the system that rolls it up that's coming apart and that makes it unroll unevenly. When it was really bad mid-season you could see the curve in the yard-lines out to the 35 or 40. They tried a temp fix before the Nicholls game and it was better, but still there. I sat in the endzone instead of sideline Saturday and I couldn't see it. I assume now that there's a few months before it has to come out again they can work on a more permanent fix.
    40 and 30 yard lines on the south end are such that if you put straight line from sided to side it would be nearly 1 yard off in the middle.
    I am sure they are working on the solution especially now that the football season is over. I saw during the Izzo post game show they were
    just covering it. Does that mean that they are not able to retract it in its current condition.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The turf section on the far south end is laid out after the the entire field has been rolled out from under the stands. They are separate pieces laid out after the roll-out and before the roll-in of the turf. The large "rip" or seam you see is where they connect, similar to a Velcro connection. The other reason it seems larger on one side over the other is that the rolled-out field doesn't line up perfectly and evenly across the width of the field. Thus the appearance of a rip, which is mostly filled with Turf-Turds, or Turflets, or whatever you want to call them....the millions of small, black, rubber, pellets that get EVERYWHERE.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    I saw during the Izzo post game show they were
    just covering it. Does that mean that they are not able to retract it in its current condition.
    Negative. Rumble on the Red wrestling tournament is coming up, wrestling mats will be laid on top. A stage was being built behind Izzy & Co. for the tournament
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    Thus the appearance of a rip, which is mostly filled with Turf-Turds, or Turflets, or whatever you want to call them....the millions of small, black, rubber, pellets that get EVERYWHERE.
    I’m convinced that once you get turf infill in your shoes, it’s never coming out.