Page 310 of 355 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem View Post
    Would be nice to just build new when the time is right and not a conglomeration and spending money that could be invested for said building, I know details schmetails. This reminds me of a house in Crookston.
    https://www.valleynewslive.com/conte...389636162.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    My thought exactly. I didn't want to be the first to say something, glad you did. This just seems like money wasted, go build a convention center if that's what the city wants, just do it somewhere else and save the rest for down the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Kind of feel the same, it just isn't possible to add the things that dome needs to bring it up to date.
    The city has nothing to do with this. The dome needs upgrades to remain competitive with the Alerus Center and Sioux Falls. The days of 30k seat rock concerts are soon to be gone forever. Although the Fargodome remains one of the few stadiums that actually makes a profit and has a huge surplus. It's in great shape and has a 100 year lifespan

You connect the Dome / Convention Center to the SHAC with a sky walk and attached hotel and you have one of the most unique buildings in the country. It could host anything from 30k seat concerts to weddings to huge trade shows. And they could theoretically do multiple events at once. You could even have 1000 seat concerts

What I dont like is not addressing premium seating, suite level, or club seating. What annoys me is they had already spent money on a study for adding a restaurant overlooking the west side, which was a great idea, and then we hear nothing about it. Would have solved many issues. But instead they'll probably put something on the west thats not load bearing and would screw up any future expansion

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The city has nothing to do with this. The dome needs upgrades to remain competitive with the Alerus Center and Sioux Falls. The days of 30k seat rock concerts are soon to be gone forever. Although the Fargodome remains one of the few stadiums that actually makes a profit and has a huge surplus. It's in great shape and has a 100 year lifespan

You connect the Dome / Convention Center to the SHAC with a sky walk and attached hotel and you have one of the most unique buildings in the country. It could host anything from 30k seat concerts to weddings to huge trade shows. And they could theoretically do multiple events at once. You could even have 1000 seat concerts

What I dont like is not addressing premium seating, suite level, or club seating. What annoys me is they had already spent money on a study for adding a restaurant overlooking the west side, which was a great idea, and then we hear nothing about it. Would have solved many issues. But instead they'll probably put something on the west thats not load bearing and would screw up any future expansion
    This multipurpose plan looks like crap. What a joke. Just like the SHAC try to shoehorn too much into an existing space.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    This multipurpose plan looks like crap. What a joke. Just like the SHAC try to shoehorn too much into an existing space.
    A little crammed for sure but I would like to see actual ground level renderings. Parking could be an issue

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

As has already been posted, this reminds me of the SHAC project and that is not a good thing. If they are projecting a cost of 70-110 million for this with limited to no expansion for seating, what a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    As has already been posted, this reminds me of the SHAC project and that is not a good thing. If they are projecting a cost of 70-110 million for this with limited to no expansion for seating, what a joke.
    Is there a seating solution that isn’t limited and therefore a joke in your book?

The reality is it’s not NDSU’s facility. The University isn’t much more than a tenant.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Is there a seating solution that isn’t limited and therefore a joke in your book?

The reality is it’s not NDSU’s facility. The University isn’t much more than a tenant.
    NDSU is the most important tenant and without them the Fargodome will fail. I think this year has proven that the size is fine. The bigger problem is it doesn't give NDSU the premium seat and suite areas they need. It's really kind of unbelievable they would spend so much on remodeling and not address the biggest flaw from a revenue standpoint. I'm starting to get the feeling that they don't know what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    NDSU is the most important tenant and without them the Fargodome will fail. I think this year has proven that the size is fine. The bigger problem is it doesn't give NDSU the premium seat and suite areas they need. It's really kind of unbelievable they would spend so much on remodeling and not address the biggest flaw from a revenue standpoint. I'm starting to get the feeling that they don't know what they are doing.
    They did mention this:

There would be improved handicap accessibility, expanded restrooms, and space for clubrooms. One could be a sky bridge with seating, suspended from the ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    They did mention this:
    I wonder if the sky bridge would be considered premium seating? Sounds interesting. Throw in the north press box seats and it helps. We still need to expand the press box and/or get club seating at the top of the west side. That solves premium seating issues.

This addition certainly improves the fan experience with wider concourses, more bathrooms, and better concessions.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

the biggest problem with the suites is if they remove the current suites, and move them to the top is the fact these are used for more events than Football, many are concerts and entertainment events where being down low and open is an advantage and reason for having them.

Its a multi use facility so people will complain if they take the premium seats and set them up strictly for FB. Biggest issue with the suites is lack of private Bathrooms

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    the biggest problem with the suites is if they remove the current suites, and move them to the top is the fact these are used for more events than Football, many are concerts and entertainment events where being down low and open is an advantage and reason for having them.

Its a multi use facility so people will complain if they take the premium seats and set them up strictly for FB. Biggest issue with the suites is lack of private Bathrooms
    They wouldn't remove the current suites. We need to add new ones