Page 309 of 355 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311319 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

So the entire east lobby is now going to be after the gating and part of the concourse. That's going to have a huge effect. Can't tell if they would remove the escalators and change the access to the upper and lower levels.

Can't really tell what the effect would be inside the seating area, but the concourses would be dramatically opened up. Read in the article something about seating suspended from the ceiling? Sounds like an idea you'd hear on Bisonville.

Skyways connecting the SHAC to the Dome would be cool.

Sounds like an intriguing project. Having a hotel connected via sky walk would be awesome for game day parties, great for recruiting trips, and summer camps.

The skyway to the SHAC would make this a single complex that would benefit NDSU and the dome. They could host events in the SHAC, which would bring revenue to NDSU. Would be cool for a recruit to seamlessly walk between their hotel, the domes and the SHAC during a visit with a short walk to the new Indoor Practice Facility. This would be big time impressive.

Although details are vague, it would be pretty badass to have suspended seating. They have already talked about removing the north press box to open seating.

They really need to figure out how to get more premium seating on the west side, up top, or expand the press box on the east side for suites.

I love the open concourse and added restrooms. The space is needed since the dome is kind of a shit show at times during half time.

Student entrance seems interesting. Keep them warm when its sub zero.

But the bottom line is the done needs this to be competitive. This solves the problem. The dome needs more seating and this doesnt give much details

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Sounds like an intriguing project. Having a hotel connected via sky walk would be awesome for game day parties, great for recruiting trips, and summer camps.

The skyway to the SHAC would make this a single complex that would benefit NDSU and the dome. They could host events in the SHAC, which would bring revenue to NDSU. Would be cool for a recruit to seamlessly walk between their hotel, the domes and the SHAC during a visit with a short walk to the new Indoor Practice Facility. This would be big time impressive.

Although details are vague, it would be pretty badass to have suspended seating. They have already talked about removing the north press box to open seating.

They really need to figure out how to get more premium seating on the west side, up top, or expand the press box on the east side for suites.

I love the open concourse and added restrooms. The space is needed since the dome is kind of a shit show at times during half time.

Student entrance seems interesting. Keep them warm when its sub zero.

But the bottom line is the done needs this to be competitive. This solves the problem. The dome needs more seating and this doesnt give much details
    Not this year. Most of section 13 is available right now for tomorrow's game.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    So the entire east lobby is now going to be after the gating and part of the concourse. That's going to have a huge effect. Can't tell if they would remove the escalators and change the access to the upper and lower levels.

Can't really tell what the effect would be inside the seating area, but the concourses would be dramatically opened up. Read in the article something about seating suspended from the ceiling? Sounds like an idea you'd hear on Bisonville.

MSG has skybridges. Wonder if that is the kind of thing they’re thinking about.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post

MSG has skybridges. Wonder if that is the kind of thing they’re thinking about.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Not this year. Most of section 13 is available right now for tomorrow's game.
    I'm talking long term, especially if we move up. Need more suites right now and many games could sell an extra few thousand extra tickets. Even this weeks game will have 17,000+. Next week will sell out

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post

This reminds me of the SHAC. Includes many of the improvements needed on paper but the overall result is hackneyed. And I don't see any new suites or club area in those renderings, those are probably the most important things they need from a revenue standpoint.
    Would be nice to just build new when the time is right and not a conglomeration and spending money that could be invested for said building, I know details schmetails. This reminds me of a house in Crookston.
    https://www.valleynewslive.com/conte...389636162.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem View Post
    Would be nice to just build new when the time is right and not a conglomeration and spending money that could be invested for said building, I know details schmetails. This reminds me of a house in Crookston.
    https://www.valleynewslive.com/conte...389636162.html
    We will always run into wanting to have the best facility for NDSU vs the city and its population viewing this venue as what it is, a city owned events venue for 100 other things than Bison football.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem View Post
    My thought exactly. I didn't want to be the first to say something, glad you did. This just seems like money wasted, go build a convention center if that's what the city wants, just do it somewhere else and save the rest for down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    My thought exactly. I didn't want to be the first to say something, glad you did. This just seems like money wasted, go build a convention center if that's what the city wants, just do it somewhere else and save the rest for down the road.
    Kind of feel the same, it just isn't possible to add the things that dome needs to bring it up to date.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.