Page 296 of 355 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I was under the impression the concession folks were all volunteers working on behalf of various local 501c3s. Their sponsor agency gets paid for their volunteered service during events. At least that's how it works at many similar venues.... Also, one of my kid's sitters sometimes has to go rep her dance team by working concessions during FB games
    i think you are correct, but at the SHAC its all NDSU Catering or some department running the show.
    I have not had an issue at either places..

Anyone without a Fargodome uniform in a concession stand under the seats is a volunteer raising money for a charity. I did that when I was a teacher at Shanley and we made much more money when we had a booth that sold beer. The only problem was we had students trying to order beers.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Anyone without a Fargodome uniform in a concession stand under the seats is a volunteer raising money for a charity. I did that when I was a teacher at Shanley and we made much more money when we had a booth that sold beer. The only problem was we had students trying to order beers.
    That is what I thought....Dome.
    Did not know about SHAC...makes sense tho

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I've also been to other events at NDSU where the people running the cash register had no business in that position. One such person was an old lady who had to be in her late 70s. She was flustered and having a hard time counting change while a manager looked on as she was failing. I just told her to take her time I wasn't in a hurry even though there were 20 people behind me. I felt so bad for her being elderly and trying to make a buck.

Notice I said NDSU which I thought would mean--Not the dome. It was at the Shack.

And yes you are correct on who work the concessions at the dome. I've also had no issues with the concessions at the dome so far this year.
    I was not questioning your experience, was thinking more about the "200 plus employees" comment. He must be including the volunteers. I doubt they have 200 outright employes

I was not questioning your experience, was thinking more about the "200 plus employees" comment. He must be including the volunteers. I doubt they have 200 outright employes
    They have at least 200+ employees. Ticket sales, ticket takers and event staff are all employees of the dome.

Would guess a good number are part time for events such as bison games and concerts and such, a little less so for trade shows.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    They have at least 200+ employees. Ticket sales, ticket takers and event staff are all employees of the dome.
    I'd guess well more than 200 employees on the books.
    These are the only F/T staff members: http://fargodome.com/staff-directory

Today my experience of going through the Dome security escalated. Last week I was asked if I had anything they should be concerned about. This week I was asked if I had any knives or guns. I can't wait for the next home game.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Today my experience of going through the Dome security escalated. Last week I was asked if I had anything they should be concerned about. This week I was asked if I had any knives or guns. I can't wait for the next home game.
    The whole idea of metal detectors is to keep those out, maybe felt too many people were bringing small knives in (can't imagine guns but I suppose some have cc licenses? Not sure if that is allowable probably not?) and forgetting about them. They don't want to make it a hassle for those people.

That said it disturbs me that this is more common then uncommon, I'm old enough to remember we used to go through airport security (at least at Hector, don't remember many other airports in my youth as we never flew) less hassled than we do the Fargodome now. Probably will be one of the last to remember it as such. My kids will never know that type of world, same as I didn't about my parents and grandparents world I guess.

I'm not the old and I remember being able to walk all the way up to the gate to see family off at the airport. I specifically remember standing at the window watching my brothers plane roll up to the gate, catch the bridge/walkway and keep going smashing the walkway through the window I was just standing against. That was at Hector airport.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    The whole idea of metal detectors is to keep those out, maybe felt too many people were bringing small knives in (can't imagine guns but I suppose some have cc licenses? Not sure if that is allowable probably not?) and forgetting about them. They don't want to make it a hassle for those people.

That said it disturbs me that this is more common then uncommon, I'm old enough to remember we used to go through airport security (at least at Hector, don't remember many other airports in my youth as we never flew) less hassled than we do the Fargodome now. Probably will be one of the last to remember it as such. My kids will never know that type of world, same as I didn't about my parents and grandparents world I guess.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk