Page 266 of 355 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Who knows a good deal about Field Turf?

From my uneducated eyes, the turf looks a little tired. You can tell when turf is getting old when it starts to look splotchy, especially in the endzones. We host 8-10 games there every year, plus a handful of practices so I'm not entirely surprised.

I'm not saying the turf looks bad, it doesn't, but I can see some wear/tear. How long is the turf supposed to hold up and does anyone recall anything about a replacement deal of some kind? ie. You pay full price for the first turf and then only 75% for the replacement (or something). Like I said, I am a novice in the Field turf purchasing industry haha
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Based on my experience external field turf fields last about 10 years and need to be replaced. The cost to replace it is definitely less than the original install because all of the prep work to remove sod and do an underlay doesn't happen. If you buy from the same installer they may give you an additional discount.

I'm not sure if the fact the Fargodome turf gets rolled up or if it is ever covered when the facility is used for other purposes would affect the life more or less or if the Bison envy to replace it sooner than when it starts to lol warn. High schools are more likely to extend them as long as they can buy a premiere FCS school may want to replace it before it starts to lol bad.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Who knows a good deal about Field Turf?

From my uneducated eyes, the turf looks a little tired. You can tell when turf is getting old when it starts to look splotchy, especially in the endzones. We host 8-10 games there every year, plus a handful of practices so I'm not entirely surprised.

I'm not saying the turf looks bad, it doesn't, but I can see some wear/tear. How long is the turf supposed to hold up and does anyone recall anything about a replacement deal of some kind? ie. You pay full price for the first turf and then only 75% for the replacement (or something). Like I said, I am a novice in the Field turf purchasing industry haha
    From what I can find they are typically warrantied for 8 years and last around 10. Though there are a lot of variations and I don't think the roll-up turf is common.

I agree it looks a bit tired, but I don't think it's anywhere close to what would be considered for a warranty claim.

The roll up stuff seems a bit thin compared to other turfs. I wonder if they'd consider doing what U.S. Bank Stadium did and have permanent turf that they cover with tiles for other events.

Would believe they want/need to get 8-10 years out of it. Which falls in lines what others have said. I think they waited a year or two to get this stuff put in so that they could work on the roll up technology. But probably still a bit of guinea pigs on it since they screwed up the first installation.

Not sure the permanent installation with tiles works for all the items that Fargodome does in the dome? I know it was discussed last time and they said can't do it since it needs to be rolled up for ?? (I don't remember what the reason(s) were). Not sure that has changed?

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Not sure the permanent installation with tiles works for all the items that Fargodome does in the dome? I know it was discussed last time and they said can't do it since it needs to be rolled up for ?? (I don't remember what the reason(s) were). Not sure that has changed?
    I know a permanent turf installation with a covering would have to be at the same level as the current concrete floor for the seating structure on the south end to still be moved (or physically take some height out of the seating structure so it would still dock properly with the upper south end seating and the concourse.

Quote Originally Posted by offroader613 View Post
    I know a permanent turf installation with a covering would have to be at the same level as the current concrete floor for the seating structure on the south end to still be moved (or physically take some height out of the seating structure so it would still dock properly with the upper south end seating and the concourse.
    Forgot about those stands. That makes sense, would probably be pretty expensive to redo and the turf may not handle the weight anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by offroader613 View Post
    That's what it was.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

At the circus last weekend I sat in the red seats. I've always liked sitting in them, but I'd estimate the cushion was shot in about half of them in our row. They are looking pretty rough too.

I wonder when they plan on replacing those. They can't expect too much more life out of them, they were used to start with.

In a very recent upgrade, TeamMakers and the Dome have gotten rid of seating for a chunk of poor, filthy, drunken, ramen-noodle eating, good-for-nothing college kids.

Hooray, TeamMakers! Hooray, Dome!
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

BisBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    In a very recent upgrade, TeamMakers and the Dome have gotten rid of seating for a chunk of poor, filthy, drunken, ramen-noodle eating, good-for-nothing college kids.

Hooray, TeamMakers! Hooray, Dome!
    They still have 3,400 available seats and used an average of 2,700 per game last year. They are dropping the student fee support to athletics by $100,000 per year as part of this agreement, which was reached by student government and the athletic department. They did lose the best seats, but the 570 season tickets will net the athletic department more than $500,000 per year. If you read the article Matt Larson said, he would prefer the students use all of their seats, but for the last few years they haven't been using them. Happy people that want to get in will no be able to.