Page 219 of 355 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I brought that up here because I thought if they split up the facilities NDSU could perhaps leverage that to get public funding for an IPF.

I never imagined it would veer off into a discussion about water parks.

Sorry. I should have known better.

Ok, hmmmm...great discussion, it'll never happen.

Back to waterparks...indoors is key for the winter months, maybe outside and inside like Dickinson's...
    This is something that could happen and should happen.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yeah but that's pretty mediocre. Besides only super creepy Rob Lowe goes to a school to swim. I'm talking about getting like the mother of all water parks. Something we could be proud of.
    Well the poster that I responded to said there was nothing beside Ramada and Holiday Inn. Davies blows those out of the park. I thought it was mediocre until family dragged me there (out of town family, I might add).

Now a super mega indoor park would be cool and all. However hell would freeze over before I voted for it. If the demand is truly that high, a private entity should have no problem making money from one.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    Well the poster that I responded to said there was nothing beside Ramada and Holiday Inn. Davies blows those out of the park. I thought it was mediocre until family dragged me there (out of town family, I might add).

Now a super mega indoor park would be cool and all. However hell would freeze over before I voted for it. If the demand is truly that high, a private entity should have no problem making money from one.
    I'm big on private as well but some things are just too spendy to do on their own. I like the private public partnerships like they did in Sioux Falls for the Pentagon. Not all projects need a vote but I would imagine something of this caliber would

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Better than most likely, never been to it so guess I better not knock it to much, blow them out of the park not really from what I see, pretty much same as water parks I've been to that kept my 7 year olds attention for maybe 2 hours if we force him to stay.

If it was like this (http://www.calypsopark.com/en/waterpark/) then yeah you can talk about it blowing them out. I have been to this one and if Fargo even had half of this would be a huge get for them.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Better than most likely, never been to it so guess I better not knock it to much, blow them out of the park not really from what I see, pretty much same as water parks I've been to that kept my 7 year olds attention for maybe 2 hours if we force him to stay.

If it was like this (http://www.calypsopark.com/en/waterpark/) then yeah you can talk about it blowing them out. I have been to this one and if Fargo even had half of this would be a huge get for them.
    Well I don't view Holiday Inn as a water park but rather a pool with a pirate ship wedged into it. Davies with 2 slides, the big splash pad thing, the swimming pools, climbing wall, etc is more of a water park, IMO. Not as familiar with Ramada, but I recall being underwhelmed the last time I was there.

Don't get me wrong, the Canadian place looks great..... as long as my money isn't paying for it.

Well I don't view Holiday Inn as a water park but rather a pool with a pirate ship wedged into it. Davies with 2 slides, the big splash pad thing, the swimming pools, climbing wall, etc is more of a water park, IMO. Not as familiar with Ramada, but I recall being underwhelmed the last time I was there.

Don't get me wrong, the Canadian place looks great..... as long as my money isn't paying for it.

Agreed on holiday inn from observation. Ramada is a bit more but not much, think it has a small slide if I recall correctly.

But it's 2, 27 (!?) foot high slides from being another splash park/pool. Shucks has only about 1 1/4 more than the "water park" in Casselton.

Don't get me wrong my kids likely would "enjoy" it, but wouldn't talk about it afterwards like they did when they went to the Calypso!

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Agreed on holiday inn from observation. Ramada is a bit more but not much, think it has a small slide if I recall correctly.

But it's 2, 27 (!?) foot high slides from being another splash park/pool. Shucks has only about 1 1/4 more than the "water park" in Casselton.

Don't get me wrong my kids likely would "enjoy" it, but wouldn't talk about it afterwards like they did when they went to the Calypso!
    I get it. And I wasn't trying to say it is a big time water park. I was comparing it to hotel pools.

I will say the advantage of the slides is once the 11 year old s climb to the top 40X, they are quite quiet for the rest of the day.

I get it. And I wasn't trying to say it is a big time water park. I was comparing it to hotel pools.

I will say the advantage of the slides is once the 11 year old s climb to the top 40X, they are quite quiet for the rest of the day.

Hah yeah the climb always got me even when I was a kid...

I'd vote to pay for indoor swimming pools and water parks. The big public pools only open from June through mid-August.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How about if we beat Mall of America to the punch and build that ginormous water park they have planned here...