Page 215 of 355 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

First time with the new boards and I have a few similar minor complaints.

1) To catch a score you had to look up at the right time. Why not have a dedicated area with a rolling scoreboard for top 25 FCS mixed in with regional and the big FBS games of the day.

2.) I wish they did a better job of putting up consistent stats numbers. I like knowing how those are stacking up and trying to just randomly catch them sucks.

3) My biggest bitch is replays on scoring plays and booth challenge plays. We had several big scoring plays where there was no replay. From where I sat Cam's missed field goal looked good but no replay. I get that they want to use the board for $ between play but at least give us the replay.

Edit: After some thought, it is possible that they showed the TD highlight after the score but I am usually going nuts and high fiving so maybe I missed it. So with that said, maybe a replay after the xp would be prudent.

4) I am so glad the cartoon Bison from the intro are gone. It was borderline embarrassing.

5) I am one of the guys hoping we move up but yesterday's game served as a reminder how special the atmosphere is during the playoffs. ISU was just another game and the dome was relatively reserved. Not to mention that Lots of guys were combining yesterday and I would bewilling to bet there was 1500 empty blue seats at kick off and well over 2000 after half time.
    Last edited by AKBison; 10-02-2016 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Spelling and content

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    First time with the new boards and I have a few similar minor complaints.

1) To catch a score you had to look up at the right time. Why not have a dedicated area with a rolling scoreboard for top 25 FCS mixed in with regional and the big FBS games of the day.

2.) I wish they did a better job of putting up consistent stats numbers. I like knowing how those are stacking up and trying to just randomly catch them.

3) my biggest bitch is replays on scoring plays and booth challenge plays. We had several big scoring plays where there was no replay. From where I sat Cam's field goal looked good but no replay. I get that they want to use the board for $ between play but at least give us the replay.

4) I am so glad the cartoon Bison from the intricate gone. It was borderline embarrassing.
    I am starting to get used to them

The stats are rotated on a consistent basis in those two locations on big board not to mention team stats on the corner boards, they're getting better with "consistency" so you can look at the right time. Never really liked the top 25 fbs/fcs scores they're too many to sit and watch until you see what you want that said an app probably is the better way of checking those anyway. Should keep it to MVFC teams if you ask me and maybe the OOC opponents? And top 10 FCS. The dome is going to make a truckload off those boards.
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    The stats are rotated on a consistent basis in those two locations on big board not to mention team stats on the corner boards, they're getting better with "consistency" so you can look at the right time. Never really liked the top 25 fbs/fcs scores they're too many to sit and watch until you see what you want that said an app probably is the better way of checking those anyway. Should keep it to MVFC teams if you ask me and maybe the OOC opponents? And top 10 FCS. The dome is going to make a truckload off those boards.
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    I like seeing the scores for all of the games. Wouldnt one of those ribbon boards work well for that? I used to really like the small boards they had on the upper sidelines. You could look up and the stats were right there.. Now you have to search for them and wait for some stats to rotate up.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I like seeing the scores for all of the games. Wouldnt one of those ribbon boards work well for that? I used to really like the small boards they had on the upper sidelines. You could look up and the stats were right there.. Now you have to search for them and wait for some stats to rotate up.

All the scores I saw were on the ribbon board... The stats seem to switch every other play approximately assuming its on perhaps a 60 - 90 sec rotation? The corner boards had team stats pretty consistently... Once they get a good fit, they likely will be consistent.

Bison fans 2015: Give us the country's biggest boards so we can show lots of stuff!
    Bison fans 2016: Too much lets show less!

I know I've kind of gotten frustrated but these are the first three games things will get consistent and you'll know where to look and when probably! Got big brother watching our thoughts ya know!

Once we get to the playoffs they should start showing airfares to the Dallas area on the boards too.

Those ribbon boards are still underutilized. Why they don't put stats and scores on those more regularly is confusing to me.

Why do they show replays of questionable plays that could possible harm NDSU but won't show something done well or could help NDSU?
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Why do they show replays of questionable plays that could possible harm NDSU but won't show something done well or could help NDSU?
    Which Mr. Spack took advantage of to get in the refs ear (not the pushing/bumping the ref incident one though..) it was on the catch on sideline they initially ruled incomplete or out of bounds. I saw him gesturing towards the boards.

They have done several that "benefit" us this year and the crowd has responded accordingly for the most part.

I have to wonder though if the techs running this even know what the replay is going to show when they show it the first time? It's when they show it the 2nd/3rd time slow mo when they know what is going on. Other replays it's probably just a "twitch" response to how they do most of the game.

I wouldn't mind having the scores on the end zone floor level exits on a rotation like MVFC scores, ads, FBS top-25 scores, ads, rinse and repeat.
    It's OK to not be OK.