Page 213 of 355 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263313 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

When showing qb stats on the board they had attempts listed before completions which seemed weird.

Also, quit trying to make sandstorm happen.
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

I think a great way to know stats during the game is to realize that its 2016 and that my phone can produce such info pretty quickly. Kidding aside, the improvements were better.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

One other note...the boards on the back of the boards work great but they need to turn down the brightness a bit. When you are sitting in the dark upper reaches of the endzone those things sear your eyeballs. Should have been a bit wider too to show stats like the main boards.

But all in all, very nice.

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I thought it was a great improvement from week 1. Having other scores to report also helped so that the corners weren't always showing the huge ads - still there, but cycling through which is much better.

Next thing to work on - use these boards as a home field advantage. Please, please, please don't show replays that could hurt us until the next play has happened. I totally get replays are initiated from the booth, but there were times Baldwin saw the play on the board and was out almost to the hashmarks begging for a review. Ultimately, I don't think any hurt us this game, but there will come a time.

My first game at the dome with the video boards and I was impressed. Ads are a bit much, but they have to pay for them somehow. I wish they would alternate the corner boards with game states. I miss that board on the opposite side of the field that always showed yardage, sacks and TFL's for both team. Other than that, they are great. The replay crew got quite the workout but it was so nice to see everything in HD instead of squinting in the corners trying to figure out what pixel is a hand and which is a football.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

I agree that the content on the video boards was a great improvement from the first game.

Really enjoyed the additional stats, especially the Time of Possession (TOP) which I went back to and looked for constantly in this game, once I saw that they were there. I thought we needed to be at about 40 minutes to 20 minutes TOP in this game to truly control it (I think we ended up about 34-26 and, of course, did NOT control the game), so it was fun for me to gauge my pre-game expectations to the actual in-game TOP stats themselves.

I'm hoping, and expecting, that the information and organization of the boards will just continue to get better and better each week.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    My first game at the dome with the video boards and I was impressed. Ads are a bit much, but they have to pay for them somehow. I wish they would alternate the corner boards with game states. I miss that board on the opposite side of the field that always showed yardage, sacks and TFL's for both team. Other than that, they are great. The replay crew got quite the workout but it was so nice to see everything in HD instead of squinting in the corners trying to figure out what pixel is a hand and which is a football.
    I don't get why the corner boards are not used for the basic stats; just flip to ads each time there is a break. Similar to what an NFL team would do.

the 4 Corner Boards need to do THIS: (LakesBison had this Idea)

1 has a N
    2 has a D
    3 has a S
    4 has a U

Put them up 1 at a time in a circle and get everyone to scream out N D S U then make it go faster and faster
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I don't get why the corner boards are not used for the basic stats; just flip to ads each time there is a break. Similar to what an NFL team would do.
    Whoa slow down there turbo...the fargodome authorities have removed "common sense" out of their vocabulary a long time ago.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not trying to pile on in the complaint department, because I am ecstatic about the new boards. My only issue and it's a minor one is the scores around the country that they post. This was an issue I had even before the new boards. I'd like to see all the MoValley scores, common opponents, maybe some regional scores (Minny, Iowa, ISU, Neb, Wyoming even), and FCS scores as well. Some of the ones they show are so random, I just don't get it sometimes.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1