Page 211 of 355 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We may have the best boards but the layout isn't the best. I'm surprised some people are so opposed to simple improvments and constructive criticism. That is how we built this program. Always improving.

Although I will say I loved the Bison win graphic at the end of the game!
    This is where I was. The improvements were great. But, I had problems seeing the stats, even with my glasses. I still was able to look up at the corner board though.
    We will always have ads, but if you use them to compliment things people will pay more attention. The dome guys said the corner boards were more for concerts, maybe so but I think they will continue to improve as they learn the system.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Only criticism I have is from the camera crew. They need to zoom out more. Replays aren't that great when you're 100% zoomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Only criticism I have is from the camera crew. They need to zoom out more. Replays aren't that great when you're 100% zoomed.
    This, use the boards to our advantage
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

The biggest issue I saw was the same as a few others have mentioned ... the down and distance/stats in the gray bar were hard to read. I think it's a matter of reducing the font size slightly. Very common mistake is for people to try to fit the biggest font they can into the area they have which pushes the letters/numbers to close to the edge of your "box" and makes it hearer for your eye to make out what you are seeing. Adding a little "white space" around some of those stat numbers would help a great deal imo.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The new boards were fantastic, I do hope they can figure out a better way to utilize the space that they have. The corner boards I think could put up more stats instead of just static advertising.
    I thought to myself, if all those corner boards are going to do is show ads 99% of the time, they could have gone with a much cheaper implementation.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Camera work the whole game was bad. Bad zooms, cameras sweeping left to right, cutting to different cameras too early and too late.....awful.

Side note, on tv it looks like those new end boards block the view of the folks at the top of the end zones if the ball is down on the opposite end of the field. Can anyone clarify?
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I thought to myself, if all those corner boards are going to do is show ads 99% of the time, they could have gone with a much cheaper implementation.
    The entire reason that any of the boards got upgraded at all was increased advertising revenue.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    The improvements were great. But, I had problems seeing the stats, even with my glasses.
    Oh, pleeeease! Let me suggest 3 other possibilities, from tailgating earlier, for your issues with the boards.

#1.................the massive amounts of alcohol you were consuming.
    #2.................a bump on the noggin' from the hail.
    #3................ you were overcome with a certain faintness and giddiness over finally getting to meet Bison Loaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Oh, pleeeease! Let me suggest 3 other possibilities, from tailgating earlier, for your issues with the boards.

#1.................the massive amounts of alcohol you were consuming.
    #2.................a bump on the noggin' from the hail.
    #3................ you were overcome with a certain faintness and giddiness over finally getting to meet Bison Loaf.
    I will have to ponder this and get back to you...
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by moosbah View Post
    Camera work the whole game was bad. Bad zooms, cameras sweeping left to right, cutting to different cameras too early and too late.....awful.

Side note, on tv it looks like those new end boards block the view of the folks at the top of the end zones if the ball is down on the opposite end of the field. Can anyone clarify?

I don't think it would block the actual view of the field but it does block the view of the south board. Hence reason for boards on the back which probably be better to watch then the action on the field in that situation. I did it even sitting in sec 21.