Page 204 of 355 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254304 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    but what about the banners???
    All digital, all the time. Permanently displayed on the edges of the display. It's better that way to update them digitally instead of having to take them down every year and get the new year added to them.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by NDGooch View Post
    Isn't their smaller boards on the back of the big boards? Those need to be factored into the total square footage of video boards also.

It will be interesting to see how the new boards are "laid out". If they keep the 8 large adds that were on each side of the old scoreboards (4 each side). that is going to take up a lot of the room on the new boards. They also removed the upcoming events ribbon board from the bottom so I guessing those will have to be shown somewhere too. Plus the actual scoreboard will have to be up there. If laid out wrong they can take a big board and make it look really small. They do have the corner boards to use for something other than replay now, but I thought those were going to be game stats and out of town scores. Should be interesting! Can't wait for Saturday!!

But they can get around not showing them by having it rotating series of ads. Probably charge more for more time on the scoreboard layout. Fargodome is a huge winner with these. They can use them pretty much for anything happening in the dome and make them more directed depending on audience.

So doing a little math on the square footage of the boards:

Main boards: 100x30= 3000 (x2) = 6000
    Corner boards: 20x22= 440 (x4) = 1760
    Ribbon boards: 33x3= 99 (x4) = 396
    **EDIT**
    Behind the main board boards: 11.5x24= 276 (x2) =552

Add that together, and the dome will have a total of 8,708 square feet of video boards!!! Holy crap!!!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Can they sequence all the boards and or portions of the boards with each other, music etc or are rrhwy just big and clear
    Should be able to program them to work with each other for different situations, once all the graphics arrive we'll get to set them all up for game day production

Quote Originally Posted by offroader613 View Post
    Should be able to program them to work with each other for different situations, once all the graphics arrive we'll get to set them all up for game day production
    So....you don't have everything here yet to even run thru and make sure it all looks good?
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

As long as we have generic graphics to interchange with the real ones, we'll get the programs built and replace the graphics once we get them. The Daktronics folks have a few things to polish up and I think we'll be in fine tuning things Friday evening.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDGooch View Post
    Isn't their smaller boards on the back of the big boards? Those need to be factored into the total square footage of video boards also.

It will be interesting to see how the new boards are "laid out". If they keep the 8 large adds that were on each side of the old scoreboards (4 each side). that is going to take up a lot of the room on the new boards. They also removed the upcoming events ribbon board from the bottom so I guessing those will have to be shown somewhere too. Plus the actual scoreboard will have to be up there. If laid out wrong they can take a big board and make it look really small. They do have the corner boards to use for something other than replay now, but I thought those were going to be game stats and out of town scores. Should be interesting! Can't wait for Saturday!!
    I can "confirm" that there are smaller boards on the back side (I would post a pic, but the Dome Nazis would probably sack me). From the top row in the endzone the board is approx the same size as the far large endzone board by perspective.

Remember the awesome bison stampede photo chasing SHSU? We need a video of that sans SHSU to play on the video board behind us when kicking off.

Play the video from the Bunker on there. The names have changed but still a classic. Just watched a couple weeks ago. Legendary!!!!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    I can "confirm" that there are smaller boards on the back side (I would post a pic, but the Dome Nazis would probably sack me). From the top row in the endzone the board is approx the same size as the far large endzone board by perspective.
    It would be better if they took the signs off the top, raise the videoboards a bit, then take the Gate City Bank signs off the bottom. Then those backside boards wouldn't be necessary. Hang the static advertising on the sidelines or to the side.

But it will still be better than it was.
    Last edited by bisonp; 08-23-2016 at 01:55 PM.