Page 199 of 355 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbsy View Post
    Hanging 20'x40' video board banners so they are easier to update.

I'm just working on the rigging/rope work - I haven't found out for sure what I'm tying on yet.

Naww. They've added vinyl numbers to the existing banners each year since the new ones were printed.
    Maybe they'll just squeeze the new year in the border somewhere..
    My hope since the banner is the size that it is and I'd really hate to see it get smaller, is that they will create 4 total for any going forward. Hang one on each side of the video boards. One side (north or south) can be DII Conference championships and DII National championships. Other side can be FCS Conference championships and FCS National championships on their own separate banners. I think it would be pretty bada$$.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    My hope since the banner is the size that it is and I'd really hate to see it get smaller, is that they will create 4 total for any going forward. Hang one on each side of the video boards. One side (north or south) can be DII Conference championships and DII National championships. Other side can be FCS Conference championships and FCS National championships on their own separate banners. I think it would be pretty bada$$.
    Personally, I don't like separating them out, like they do with the line and larger font now. Seems insulting to the old teams, considering that they were playing at a relatively similar level at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Personally, I don't like separating them out, like they do with the line and larger font now. Seems insulting to the old teams, considering that they were playing at a relatively similar level at the time.
    With a separate banner for each, they would each hold their own weight. It wouldn't make one any less than the other. In fact, by giving them their own, to me, it seems you're glorifying/honoring them more by giving them full recognition then if you were to keep them in smaller font and separated by a line all on one banner for conference/national championships. With them all being hung by the video boards, everyone would be able to see them at all times. There is a separation in titles though as they are in two different divisions. I think this would be a nice way to honor that.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

With a separate banner for each, they would each hold their own weight. It wouldn't make one any less than the other. In fact, by giving them their own, to me, it seems you're glorifying/honoring them more by giving them full recognition then if you were to keep them in smaller font and separated by a line all on one banner for conference/national championships. With them all being hung by the video boards, everyone would be able to see them at all times. There is a separation in titles though as they are in two different divisions. I think this would be a nice way to honor that.
    It would look like a hockey arena.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Among any other reasons, the north end is already home to the flags.

Raising the championship banner is pretty unique at NDSU when you consider that only 7 FCS teams have indoor stadiums that could even raise a banner to the rafters.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Raising the championship banner is pretty unique at NDSU when you consider that only 7 FCS teams have indoor stadiums that could even raise a banner to the rafters.
    And one would just use Garage door paint anyway but they have not had to worry about it.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No sneak peeks of the new boards. All contractors had to sign a NDA.
    I tried tonight to get a pic from a friend who did the fiber, no joy.

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofFargo View Post
    I went and saw all the new upgrades, and yes out of respect for management I didn't take any photos even for my own personal use. I WILL say that bison nation will be unbelievably proud of the work and holy cow is this going to be amazing next weekend.. I was grinning from ear to ear with all the new technology.... These. New. Boards. Are. MASSIVE!
    Be ready for HD kiss cam. Make sure nose hairs are trimmed and no spinach in the teeth.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

just dont show tatanka...dont want to break the screens the first game