Page 194 of 355 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244294 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

hopefully the fake stampeding herd of bison is gone and the fake swinging head snorting bison is gone... they were bad enough on the old boards...

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    hopefully the fake stampeding herd of bison is gone and the fake swinging head snorting bison is gone... they were bad enough on the old boards...
    ^^^^^^this

I rode the log ride at the Mall of America yesterday. The animatronic Babe the Blue Ox looks better than that abomination of a bison.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Yeah... They look like rats running on a map. The intro really needs an upgrade. Just keep thunder struck and the count down and I'm happy

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Ok, I want to preface this post saying I'm sure they are coming up with a great intro to the home opener involving the new video boards. And everything that follows is based on my previous experience with the intros of the past.

I really think we are missing an opportunity to build even more excitement with the intro. We have a something unique with a sold out dome that can't be duplicated hardly anywhere else. Hear me out. The normal pregame warmups happen and the teams leave the field. The video boards suddenly show, "ARE YOU READY?"(CROWD CHEERS)...a very loud "SHHHHHH" comes across the speakers and reads across the boards and dome goes pitch black in an instant while the speakers are still sssshing?(honestly pitch black, minus exit signs, safety lighting and flashing cell phones green and yellow, no advertisements in the distance)....a completely silent crowd(not sure if that's possible)5 seconds of complete silence and dark. Start with low volume audio and I imagine a deep and gritty voiced(Sam Elliott would be absolutely perfect) narrator....Now this is the law of the prairie, as old and as true as the sky....And the bison who keep it will prosper, and the bison who break it will die...As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk, this law is the final word...For the strength of the Herd is the Bison, and the strength of the Bison is the Herd... a couple of seconds of silence and darkness... Thunderstruck starts at a low volume and the new screens slowly brighten with old photos and the great history of Bison football, at the same time Scott Miller's many amazing broadcast clips coming across the speakers, everything getting progressively louder and brighter until the cannons go off.....

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofFargo View Post
    Never said I was going to post.. I guess I was more or less teasing others with the chance of maybe seeing them before everything was completed...
    Why does this have to be so secret.........does the dome think they have some sort of media contract protection like the crap we just went through? No reason there can't be pics of the work in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Why does this have to be so secret.........does the dome think they have some sort of media contract protection like the crap we just went through? No reason there can't be pics of the work in progress.
    Fargodome too secretive about new video boards. What are they hiding? Brescani must go!
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    How would they know at this point?
    I would assume the NDSU athletics social media manager has seen the new intro video to at least preview the 16x9 (widescreen) version and then just imagined it on a really huge display.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by TNbison View Post
    Ok, I want to preface this post saying I'm sure they are coming up with a great intro to the home opener involving the new video boards. And everything that follows is based on my previous experience with the intros of the past.

I really think we are missing an opportunity to build even more excitement with the intro. We have a something unique with a sold out dome that can't be duplicated hardly anywhere else. Hear me out. The normal pregame warmups happen and the teams leave the field. The video boards suddenly show, "ARE YOU READY?"(CROWD CHEERS)...a very loud "SHHHHHH" comes across the speakers and reads across the boards and dome goes pitch black in an instant while the speakers are still sssshing?(honestly pitch black, minus exit signs, safety lighting and flashing cell phones green and yellow, no advertisements in the distance)....a completely silent crowd(not sure if that's possible)5 seconds of complete silence and dark. Start with low volume audio and I imagine a deep and gritty voiced(Sam Elliott would be absolutely perfect) narrator....Now this is the law of the prairie, as old and as true as the sky....And the bison who keep it will prosper, and the bison who break it will die...As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk, this law is the final word...For the strength of the Herd is the Bison, and the strength of the Bison is the Herd... a couple of seconds of silence and darkness... Thunderstruck starts at a low volume and the new screens slowly brighten with old photos and the great history of Bison football, at the same time Scott Miller's many amazing broadcast clips coming across the speakers, everything getting progressively louder and brighter until the cannons go off.....
    Sam Elliott not bad but I would also put into the running James Earl Jones or Morgan Freeman. I really like the idea you laid out though, Even the milk drinkers and knitters might get up for the kickoff.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Those two's names came to mind as well. It be even better if the video boards were draped over or completely off during warmups, even better announce that there is technical difficulties, and uncovered during "the herd" darkness intro so the first thing people would see out of the darkness is a low glow from the new boards slowly getting brighter.