Page 191 of 355 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 3547

Thread: Dome Upgrades

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Just an FYI- I there has been a lot of verbiage saying that they will "replace" the corner video boards with HD boards, but the assumption was that they will either be the same size or smaller... The daktronics article tells us they will actually be BIGGER by quite a bit!
    The new corner board dimensions will be 20x22ft. A quick look at the fargodome page on gobison.com, the existing boards are exactly, or very close to 16x16 ft.

For those of you doing math at home....
    20x22= 440 sq ft
    16x16= 256 sq ft
    --------------
    Difference= 184 sq ft bigger PER VIDEO BOARD!

Get pumped- we're adding 736 sq ft of video board with the corners ALONE.
    Another 5800 sq ft when including the ends one boards.
    Damn Daniel
    I hope those corner boards don't obstruct the view from the sides of the endzones.

For comparison, the old Metrodome boards were 19x34. And those were way up high, so these corner boards should appear larger with better resolution in comparison. As I mentioned before, the pixel density of the main boards is actually better than U.S. Bank Stadium. Really looking forward to seeing it.

We also need an ETFE roof and a glass wall on the SW corner overlooking the highrises. It's kind of embarrassing that the Vikings stadium has surpassed us now.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbsy View Post
    I just don't know that a system designed to provide crowd PA is ever going to give a 'feel it in your pants' bass hit in a building full of 18,000 yelling people.... IMO.
    It's a good point, never thought of this....oh well, maybe we can work on a separate system or just go ahead and get bigger and better speakers for down the road...

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbsy View Post

I just don't know that a system designed to provide crowd PA is ever going to give a 'feel it in your pants' bass hit in a building full of 18,000 yelling people.... IMO.
    Subwoofers under the seats? Curious to see progress on the new video production room and installation of all that equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by offroader613 View Post
    Subwoofers under the seats? Curious to see progress on the new video production room and installation of all that equipment.
    A proper stadium sound system would not require anything under the seats. The Fargodome, even with their last "upgrade", has the stadium equivalent of an am/fm clock radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofFargo View Post
    The sound system is actually a terrific system that was installed. The FargoDome just simply has never had anyone with proper training or understanding of how to use it to its full potential yet. They went the cheap route of finding someone to operate the system for next to nothing with the basis of "some sound is better than no sound". It was cheaper to go that route rather than hiring a professional audio technician for each event to utilize the stadium speakers to their full potential... Don't expect any changes with this philosophy from Dome management anytime soon either. Sadly.
    Can you volunteer?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofFargo View Post
    The sound system is actually a terrific system that was installed. The FargoDome just simply has never had anyone with proper training or understanding of how to use it to its full potential yet. They went the cheap route of finding someone to operate the system for next to nothing with the basis of "some sound is better than no sound". It was cheaper to go that route rather than hiring a professional audio technician for each event to utilize the stadium speakers to their full potential... Don't expect any changes with this philosophy from Dome management anytime soon either. Sadly.
    Well I can tell you just from looking up at the ceiling in the Fargodome, those JBL speakers are not going to put out much bass...maybe they can just add subwoofers or something like that no? Not to forget, some of those speakers don't even work or can't be heard in the corners...when is the last time they have been checked?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Well I can tell you just from looking up at the ceiling in the Fargodome, those JBL speakers are not going to put out much bass...maybe they can just add subwoofers or something like that no? Not to forget, some of those speakers don't even work or can't be heard in the corners...when is the last time they have been checked?
    The woofers are inside the cabinet now days and those JBL's actually do kick out a ton of bass. Just like PrideofFargo said it is a very good sound system the dome just doesn't have anyone there who knows how to correctly EQ it or run it. The cones inside of the cabinets have a wide coverage area and if used correctly they could easily cover the corners.

Quote Originally Posted by johnson View Post
    The woofers are inside the cabinet now days and those JBL's actually do kick out a ton of bass. Just like PrideofFargo said it is a very good sound system the dome just doesn't have anyone there who knows how to correctly EQ it or run it. The cones inside of the cabinets have a wide coverage area and if used correctly they could easily cover the corners.
    Well whatever the case, the sound quality for music is lacking...and the speakers do not work in AT LEAST one of the corners and that has nothing to do with the quality of speakers. I have sat in sec. 30 top row before and you can't hear the announcer, the speaker(s) is dead. The top half end zones seats are horrible for hearing anything. I wish this was a bigger issue to the Fargodome authority.

Default Dome Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by johnson View Post
    It was a good sound system circa 1980. The JBL PD5212's are discontinued, and even during the install in 2007 line arrays were already the gold standard for stadium sound systems.

There are JBL VerTec subs in the system as well, so the 5212's don't kick out a lot of bass.

And yes, they need someone that can actually run the existing system, but it isn't that great. That's why the larger concerts at the Fargodome have much better sound with fewer speakers. Better equipment and better people using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Any video board install updates?
    Looking good Billy Ray!